• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showcase #22 Club
14 14

7,061 posts in this topic

Do you guys think Green Lantern #1 is going to bump up from the movie hype as well? SC22 was a little out of my price range but I was able to get a fair copy of GL 1 off of eBay last month for $300. It's my first Silver Age key, so I'm pretty thrilled with it.

GL #1 has definitely benefited from the movie hype.

The funny thing about GL #1 is that the supply of 7.0+ copies that was there 2 - 3 years ago has dried up just like the other SA DC keys. I am beginning to wonder whether I should go ahead with my planned sale of my last copy (7.0) closer to the movie or hold on to it a bit longer. (shrug)

So does anyone anticipate SC#22 ever being worth as much as SC#4 ???

Any thoughts ???

it is already worth more in some circles...

It definitely is in my small circle......... lol

Any thoughts ???

I do think that the SC#22 is a huge DC silver age key, but the SC#4 books seem to be more scarce than the SC#22's.

Any thoughts ???

I do think that the SC#22 is a huge DC silver age key, but the SC#4 books seem to be more scarce than the SC#22's.

I don't know if they are more scarce, but the market is not the strongest right now so fewer copies are trading hands. SC #22 was in the same boat just a couple of years ago........

I think Showcase #4 will bounce back soon seeing that there are not many copies out in the market. The reason why we are seeing all these SC #22's is because of the movie hype. I also think the movie has something to do with the increases in price as it is with any other superhero movie.

Actually...with all these superheroes movies...yeah, top SA keys all have been doing quite well. This holds well for the whole SA market. Let's hope for the success of the GL movie and will lead to more DC movies. SA Key Marvels are much more plentiful than SA DC keys, so DC has the highest potential appreciation. A bunch of non-comic collectors I know saw the new trailer and are very excited to check it out. I would not under estimate the power the ring.

Edited by showcase22gr1959

Any thoughts ???

I have to admit...SC4 has been the laggard, but is picking up steam. Scarce in supply doesn't always quantify demand. Price point per grade recorded sales, SC4 is still the most valuable SA DC, followed by SC22 and BB28. Demand wise would be SC22 and close followed by BB28 and then SC4.

Do you guys think Green Lantern #1 is going to bump up from the movie hype as well? SC22 was a little out of my price range but I was able to get a fair copy of GL 1 off of eBay last month for $300. It's my first Silver Age key, so I'm pretty thrilled with it.

GL #1 has definitely benefited from the movie hype.

The funny thing about GL #1 is that the supply of 7.0+ copies that was there 2 - 3 years ago has dried up just like the other SA DC keys. I am beginning to wonder whether I should go ahead with my planned sale of my last copy (7.0) closer to the movie or hold on to it a bit longer. (shrug)

I say hold it longer...longer than me. :devil: I'm sure if the price is too good...bye bye to your GL1 :sorry:

Edited by showcase22gr1959

It's only a matter of time until the next DC book picks up a bit of steam after BB 28. Whether it involves movie hype or whatever many of the early DC Silver Keys are still underpriced compared to their counterparts.

Once the flippers/speculators get involved all the fun begins for those who seem to revel in hyping up books.

It's only a matter of time until the next DC book picks up a bit of steam after BB 28. Whether it involves movie hype or whatever many of the early DC Silver Keys are still underpriced compared to their counterparts.

Once the flippers/speculators get involved all the fun begins for those who seem to revel in hyping up books.

There is speculation of a Flash movie being made, isn't there?

If so, i am sure SC#4 would bounce back with stronger sale prices.

Any thoughts ???

I don't know if they are more scarce, but the market is not the strongest right now so fewer copies are trading hands. SC #22 was in the same boat just a couple of years ago........

Yeah, I think it was only about 2+ years ago that a SC#22 could be had for around guide (or even less).

Any thoughts ???

I have to admit...SC4 has been the laggard, but is picking up steam. Scarce in supply doesn't always quantify demand. Price point per grade recorded sales, SC4 is still the most valuable SA DC, followed by SC22 and BB28. Demand wise would be SC22 and close followed by BB28 and then SC4.

I would agree to this order of demand, and maybe its just me but it seems that BB#28 isn't real close to SC#22. Or am i wrong?

Along with SC4 and 22 and BB28, what all would you guys consider to be the big DC silver age keys?

That pretty much covers it in my book

They are the only 3 mega-keys coming to mind at the moment for DC silver age.

(unless you want to count the first issues of the JLA, GL the Flash(105) as well...)

Edited by ngh81

Any thoughts ???

Yeah, I think it was only about 2+ years ago that a SC#22 could be had for around guide (or even less).

I still remember having problems finding a SC22 2 years ago. Once the movie stuff hit the news, it was a lot easier for me to get my SC22.

Any thoughts ???

I still remember having problems finding a SC22 2 years ago. Once the movie stuff hit the news, it was a lot easier for me to get my SC22.

that's because 3 years ago I started buying up every copy in the market lol

Along with SC4 and 22 and BB28, what all would you guys consider to be the big DC silver age keys?

(unless you want to count the first issues of the JLA, GL the Flash(105) as well...)

:screwy:

SC 4

B&B 28

Adventure 247

SC 22

Flash 105

Showcase 17

B&B 34

Showcase 34

Showcase 9

Showcase 30

JLA 1

GL 1

OAW 81, 83

GI Combat 87

:screwy:

SC 4

B&B 28

Adventure 247

SC 22

Flash 105

Showcase 17

B&B 34

Showcase 34

Showcase 9

Showcase 30

JLA 1