• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showcase #22 Club
13 13

7,061 posts in this topic

I can confirm I sold that copy that year...I am not the seller now, the buyer of the book is (the seller is the person I sold the copy too) (thumbs u

Why did you sell it to someone who didn't treasure it enough to keep it more than a year?

:eek:

you would have to ask the buyer...when he bought it (at a great price I must ad), he more than indicated that this was his "grail"... however, to be honest, once I sell a comic that I bought specifically for resale, it is really none of my business what the owner does with it... I think I have sold over 20 copies of SC22 in the past 3 years and I would bet that outside of the 9.0 and maybe one or 2 others, all have been flipped at some point

They appear to be coming out of the closets now.

This one a 6.5 on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330559895613&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_500wt_1156

I sold that copy last year (thumbs u

How many years was it in your closet?

???

By the number of copies you've owned of this particular book Rick, It must be a BIG closet ;)

I just added up...26 copies purchased, and 25 sold, with one more pending... so, 26 for 26... one of these days I might even keep a copy for myself, but since I rarely collect SA, probably not lol

I can confirm I sold that copy that year...I am not the seller now, the buyer of the book is (the seller is the person I sold the copy too) (thumbs u

Why did you sell it to someone who didn't treasure it enough to keep it more than a year?

you would have to ask the buyer...when he bought it (at a great price I must ad), he more than indicated that this was his "grail"... however, to be honest, once I sell a comic that I bought specifically for resale, it is really none of my business what the owner does with it... I think I have sold over 20 copies of SC22 in the past 3 years and I would bet that outside of the 9.0 and maybe one or 2 others, all have been flipped at some point

In the mean time, it's priced to be kept as "his grail". I have to say, you've sold more SC22 than anyone in the last three years. The 7.5 ow/w you've sold...so far is the highest PQ copy for any SC22 in 7.5+. Besides the stamp marking on the 6.5, it's the best 6.5 so far.

Edited by showcase22gr1959

In the mean time, it's priced to be kept as "his grail". I have to say, you've sold more SC22 than anyone in the last three years. The 7.5 ow/w you've sold...so far is the highest PQ copy for any SC22 in 7.5+. Besides the stamp marking on the 6.5, it's the best 6.5 so far.

the raw 9.0 I sold also had ow/w paper for sure (though, not sure if it was actually cgc graded or not, I got conflicting reports post sale)

the raw 9.0 I sold also had ow/w paper for sure (though, not sure if it was actually cgc graded or not, I got conflicting reports post sale)

The ow/w is a welcome PQ. Besides the current new 9.0 ow, it may just be still lurking around.

Well Rick there's one certain 4.5 ow/w that will never be flipped. :cloud9:

WTF? Are we supposed to interrogate buyers of comic books what their intentions are before we can sell to them? :screwy:

WTF? Are we supposed to interrogate buyers of comic books what their intentions are before we can sell to them? :screwy:

Yes. I am allowed to buy to flip, but if you buy my books it is illegal, unethical, and immoral to resell them........ :devil:

+infinity & beyond

ANY collectible is flippable, except an AF15 7.5 w/ WPs. :preach:

Edited by peewee22

Except I don't flip books,they stay in the collection till I die. :devil:

I guess you get the Hepcat Seal of Approval then. :eyeroll:

You bet. Green Lantern Showcases should only be sold to those who will love and cherish them.

:makepoint:

I guess you get the Hepcat Seal of Approval then. :eyeroll:

Yes. A most coveted designation.

0808-0710-1117-1752.jpg

(thumbs u

Edited by Hepcat

you were one of the few I was thinking of (thumbs u

Speaking of loving and caring, this will gain me entry into the club, I hope. She's not the Prom Queen, mess she's not even the dad chaperone on the dance floor, but she's mine all mine (thumbs u

e9075083.png

Speaking of loving and caring, this will gain me entry into the club, I hope. She's not the Prom Queen, mess she's not even the dad chaperone on the dance floor, but she's mine all mine (thumbs u

e9075083.png

Green Lanterns says "Welcome to the the club." :headbang:

showcasecovblack-1.jpg

Nice books being snagged by board members :golfclap: .

I have a follow-up on the 5.0 CR I purchased off ebay, albeit for the record price I believe.

I resubmitted it to see if it would get a grade or PQ bump, and it managed to get the later.

A little dissapointed it didn't get the .5 grade boost I expected, but as we all know, that's the game.

I'm still happy with the CR/OW bump.

I know a few folks saw the book in the old style slab,

here's the book in a fresh new slab.

SC2250C.jpg