• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showcase #22 Club
14 14

7,061 posts in this topic

Ouch, Nikelspot took a beating on that 6.0 he snagged off of ebay (for well below FMV).

It sold last night on ebay for about $3500 $3,320.00.

Granted, he made a profit, but that way below what 6.0's have been selling for, no?

I was wondering where that book went. Didn't realize he listed it at auction. Heck, at that price I'd have bid.

I know. I was counting on getting interest from buyers who wanted a better copy that the 4.5 on Clink, but could not quite afford the 9.0. Oh well, I should have passed on the bargain to one of you guys. I realize now that I was really being greedy. I was hoping I could have paid for Pierce's delivery, but of course that is not happening. Hopefully, you can forgive me and hopefully I will learn from this :makepoint: The plight of being a selfish human :(

Ouch, Nikelspot took a beating on that 6.0 he snagged off of ebay (for well below FMV).

Granted, he made a profit, but that way below what 6.0's have been selling for, no?

I know. I was counting on getting interest from buyers who wanted a better copy that the 4.5 on Clink, but could not quite afford the 9.0. Oh well, I should have passed on the bargain to one of you guys. I realize now that I was really being greedy. I was hoping I could have paid for Pierce's delivery, but of course that is not happening. Hopefully, you can forgive me and hopefully I will learn from this :makepoint: The plight of being a selfish human :(

:screwy:

I've said it before and I will say it again, I just don't understand why Boardies

don't list their books here first. Besides a fee less transaction you are contributing to our community.

I do applaud and thank you for your admission of 'guilt'.

I was wondering where that book went. Didn't realize he listed it at auction. Heck, at that price I'd have bid.

It's not your fault, but the timing. :cry: My 5.5 sold for less than my expectation and many 4.5's has been doing very well.

Edited by showcase22gr1959

I was bidding up to about $2600 but I was away all weekend and missed the end :tonofbricks:

Hey, it happens to the best of us. At least you didn't lose money, and someone got a gift.

Naw, it was just bad luck. I was at a show all weekend otherwise I likely would have seen it and bid.

(thumbs u

I've said it before and I will say it again, I just don't understand why Boardies

don't list their books here first. Besides a fee less transaction you are contributing to our community.

He DID list the book here first, when all the threads were running the Sale forum to help him out with the costs of his son who was born prematurely.

But everyone here passed on his asking price in his sale thread.

And I think he has nothing to apologize for, as he was trying to get the best price for a good cause, rather than simply for the sheer heck of it.

He DID list the book here first, when all the threads were running the Sale forum to help him out with the costs of his son who was born prematurely.

But everyone here passed on his asking price in his sale thread.

And I think he has nothing to apologize for, as he was trying to get the best price for a good cause, rather than simply for the sheer heck of it.

I missed all that. My Bad. I agree, there is nothing wrong with trying to get the best price, especially in his situation. He is a good Boardie and I agree he doesn't have anything to apologize for.

Yeah, a reserve price or a fmv starting price would've been best. How much did he buy the book for? At least he made a profit!

Around $2200...and about a 50% return in six months. (thumbs u

i can't find that one on your list- there's a 6.0 for $2495 that you said was below FMV, is that the book?

Yeah, a reserve price or a fmv starting price would've been best. How much did he buy the book for? At least he made a profit!

i can't find that one on your list- there's a 6.0 for $2495 that you said was below FMV, is that the book?

That's the copy.

You weren't being selfish Nik, you were riding the wave just like the rest of us. I was following this book since you purchased it, the book was listed in the marketplace on the boards and ebay (BIN) several times and no one paid much attention to it. It was like the book had cooties or something. I couldn't understand it.

Then Nik and his family were plunged into a real-life crisis with Pierce's delivery, and I think he simply put the book up for auction and was unable to promote it properly (when he was dealing with his family crisis) and the book simply was not being watched and got snapped up. Anyway, I kinda feel bad for pointing it out now, didn't mean to rub salt into the wounds, but It's definitely a book that has changed the bidding landscape - twice.

It will be interesting to see what happens with SC #22 pricewise - has it plateaued and started to pull back OR does it still have legs to move a bit higher?

In any case, there should hopefully be plenty to choose from after the movie. :wishluck:

BTW, I am impressed with the action on the GL #7s (8.0 and 9.0) in the Clink auction. Looks like both will go for good prices.

I really hope Nik was being facetious. Books regularly sell on Ebay for higher prices than these boards, let alone the sheer number of possible buyers on Ebay dwarf the buyers here.

Nik is going through an unbelievably challenging time right now, yet still takes the time to come and apologize for trying to maximize the amount of profit in a comic book to benefit his family. That's the kind of guy he is. You're a daddy now Nik, never, never, double dog ever apologize to anyone for any reason when your actions are to better your situation for your child or family.

I wish you would have made out better on that sale.

be careful paperheart... 9.4 Showcase 34 sold for 24K tonight in the pedigree auction. Atom today, Aquaman tomorrow, next week Hawkman, Metal Men and the world.

be careful paperheart... 9.4 Showcase 34 sold for 24K tonight in the pedigree auction. Atom today, Aquaman tomorrow, next week Hawkman, Metal Men and the world.

Top of census keys, whether Marvel or DC, are just on fire right now! That same copy sold for $14k previously, and that was considered a very strong price.

lol

zaid's sale opened the floodgates

Edited by paperheart

lol

zaid's sale opened the floodgates

Time to see what else is still in my collection.

All hail Zaid!

It will be interesting to see what happens with SC #22 pricewise - has it plateaued and started to pull back OR does it still have legs to move a bit higher?

In any case, there should hopefully be plenty to choose from after the movie. :wishluck:

BTW, I am impressed with the action on the GL #7s (8.0 and 9.0) in the Clink auction. Looks like both will go for good prices.

There are definitely plenty to choose from right now. Would the supply still be there after the movie. hm Yeah, very strong prices right now for GL7 on CL.