• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showcase #22 Club
13 13

7,061 posts in this topic

Just in case if no one have seen this article. WB to pursue a GL movie sequel.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/warner-bros-pursue-green-lantern-205703

To all the non-believers... :P

and too much pessimism. :P

why are we still talking about the movie in this thread? it sucked, it bombed, move on. if you bought showcase #22 because of the movie hype or to take advantage of the movie hype, shame on you. the book is still great, scarce in high grade. enjoy what you have.

My original four horsemen was purchased years before the announcement of the movie. Three still resides with me. :)

And I think I have the other horseman :grin:

You have the one of the nicest 1.0 out there. :cool:

This is the original four horsemen. (thumbs u

CIMG3452-Copy.jpg

why are we still talking about the movie in this thread? it sucked, it bombed, move on. if you bought showcase #22 because of the movie hype or to take advantage of the movie hype, shame on you. the book is still great, scarce in high grade. enjoy what you have.

My original four horsemen was purchased years before the announcement of the movie. Three still resides with me. :)

CIMG3452-Copy.jpg

Looks like you're well stocked in any case (thumbs u

What are the chances of me finding a 1.0 SC4 and BB28 that look as good to complete my DC trinity? I think that's the quest I'm about to embark on.

CIMG3452-Copy.jpg

What are the chances of me finding a 1.0 SC4 and BB28 that look as good to complete my DC trinity? I think that's the quest I'm about to embark on.

(worship)

CIMG3452-Copy.jpg

(worship)

And one has WPs... :cloud9:

how many overseas markets are in that 21 million? if its ALL of them, whoops. but unlike some other recent films, GL may be planning a slower rollout.

Aman, you were correct. DC can't generate the Marvel flick wave. (thumbs u

Which of course is why the biggest grossing comic book movie of all time is "Dark Knight". :baiting:

The Bat is an exception to the rule... :slapfight:

I think the death of a lead actor before the movie came out had a ton do with so many people going to see it. The death of the very popular Heath Ledger brought world wide attention to the movie, that made a lot of difference.

To me Ledgers performance stole the picture.

Thank you Captain Obvious! :baiting:

how many overseas markets are in that 21 million? if its ALL of them, whoops. but unlike some other recent films, GL may be planning a slower rollout.

Which of course is why the biggest grossing comic book movie of all time is "Dark Knight". :baiting:

I think the death of a lead actor before the movie came out had a ton do with so many people going to see it. The death of the very popular Heath Ledger brought world wide attention to the movie, that made a lot of difference.

This time the box office won`t be as high, so I would expect maybe 600 million instead of 1 billion next time around.

That will suck because we will hear how mainstream is losing interest in Batman.

To me Ledgers performance stole the picture.

Thank you Captain Obvious! :baiting:

i wasnt sure anyone else noticed that...

Just saw Green lantern in 3D. It rocks much better than 2d.

This movie will have legs and make a profit!

:insane:

He has a Showcase #22 for sale.

:ohnoez:

who doesn't :gossip:

lol

who doesn't :gossip:

lol

I don't. :sorry:

Btw showcase 22 doesnt need a movie for it to accrue in value or to sell!

Its a silver key with a great cover and origin story.

I liked the movie found it entertaining especially in 3D!

Much better than dd, ff1 and 2 and ghost rider. I own dd1 and ff1. Not reaaly into bronze though. Did not like those movies.

Oh yeah! if Green lantern doesnt make a profit... I ll put my money where my mouth is and buy any naysayers tickets to Green Lantern 2: rise of the sinestro corps! lol

You should all sell now before it is too late! :preach: ( :wishluck: in the hopes that flooding the market will drive down prices with the movie hype gone and I can pick up a keeper 7.0 copy for $4 - $5 K).

You should all sell now before it is too late! :preach: ( :wishluck: in the hopes that flooding the market will drive down prices with the movie hype gone and I can pick up a keeper 7.0 copy for $4 - $5 K).

Rich or I would bid ONE more dollar than you... lol