• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showcase #22 Club
13 13

7,061 posts in this topic

Looks like it is going to be released till early September, so it might still be way too early to tell.....not a good choice to stretch the release over a period of several months.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1133985/releaseinfo

Hey George - maybe it'll become a cult favorite like Rocky Horror,

with people mouthing the dialog and coming to the shows in costumes lol

Theatrical Performance (shrug)

Total US Gross $89,311,000

International Gross $21,800,000

Worldwide Gross $111,111,000

The only snag is that this total isn't even enough to make up for the amount spent on advertising ($125mil) let alone the production costs. With a 65% drop off this past weekend, it's probably going to take a long, long time for GL to break even let alone crack a profit.

I know it's lackluster, I was just curious how it did this week and so I posted what I had discovered.

Gotcha. Yeah, the only figure I recall was the 65% drop off in the US (I believe) from the opening weekend. So that would be, what, another $35-36 million (using $55 mil from the opening weekend as the base)?

uh no. it was a 66% drop from $53mm or $18mm second weekend.

Looks like it is going to be released till early September, so it might still be way too early to tell.....not a good choice to stretch the release over a period of several months.

Ok guys, that's enough about the flick!

- The Moderator :pullhair:

Ok guys, that's enough about the flick!

- The Moderator :pullhair:

+ infinity

Theatrical Performance (shrug)

Total US Gross $89,311,000

International Gross $21,800,000

Worldwide Gross $111,111,000

The only snag is that this total isn't even enough to make up for the amount spent on advertising ($125mil) let alone the production costs. With a 65% drop off this past weekend, it's probably going to take a long, long time for GL to break even let alone crack a profit.

I know it's lackluster, I was just curious how it did this week and so I posted what I had discovered.

Gotcha. Yeah, the only figure I recall was the 65% drop off in the US (I believe) from the opening weekend. So that would be, what, another $35-36 million (using $55 mil from the opening weekend as the base)?

uh no. it was a 66% drop from $53mm or $18mm second weekend.

doh! I wrote 65% OF $55 mil--had it the other way around. lol Close but no cigar, eh?

how many overseas markets are in that 21 million? if its ALL of them, whoops. but unlike some other recent films, GL may be planning a slower rollout.

Aman, you were correct. DC can't generate the Marvel flick wave. (thumbs u

Which of course is why the biggest grossing comic book movie of all time is "Dark Knight". :baiting:

That would be good. I'm all about counter culture as opposed to the mass market anyway. In fact, that's why I'm a comic book collector and not a movie buff of any sort. I don't care one bit for all that Hollywood stuff.

meh

Edited by Hepcat

how many overseas markets are in that 21 million? if its ALL of them, whoops. but unlike some other recent films, GL may be planning a slower rollout.

Which of course is why the biggest grossing comic book movie of all time is "Dark Knight". :baiting:

The Bat is an exception to the rule... :slapfight:

I think the death of a lead actor before the movie came out had a ton do with so many people going to see it. The death of the very popular Heath Ledger brought world wide attention to the movie, that made a lot of difference.

I think the death of a lead actor before the movie came out had a ton do with so many people going to see it. The death of the very popular Heath Ledger brought world wide attention to the movie, that made a lot of difference.

Not to mention, and I believe...it's the sixth Batman movie. For now, Warner Brothers loosing money on GL in the short term and they're hoping for a bigger return in the long term.

To me Ledgers performance stole the picture. And Glossed over what was in essence just another Batman film. His scenes pumped adrenalin in between many tedious scenes of hand wringing and explosions.

To me Ledgers performance stole the picture. And Glossed over what was in essence just another Batman film. His scenes pumped adrenalin in between many tedious scenes of hand wringing and explosions.

The pic where he is leaving the hospital dressed as a nurse with bombs exploding is gut-wrenching. (thumbs u

Just in case if no one have seen this article. WB to pursue a GL movie sequel.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/warner-bros-pursue-green-lantern-205703

To all the non-believers... :P

and too much pessimism. :P

why are we still talking about the movie in this thread? it sucked, it bombed, move on. if you bought showcase #22 because of the movie hype or to take advantage of the movie hype, shame on you. the book is still great, scarce in high grade. enjoy what you have.

why are we still talking about the movie in this thread? it sucked, it bombed, move on. if you bought showcase #22 because of the movie hype or to take advantage of the movie hype, shame on you. the book is still great, scarce in high grade. enjoy what you have.

Trust me, I can't visit my 22 enough. :banana:

My original four horsemen was purchased years before the announcement of the movie. Three still resides with me. :)

My original four horsemen was purchased years before the announcement of the movie. Three still resides with me. :)

And I think I have the other horseman :grin:

Didn't help The Imaginarium of Dr Parnassus...