• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showcase #22 Club
14 14

7,061 posts in this topic

What would be a good price to pay for a Showcase 22 CGC 7.0 at this time? Do you think the value will drop with the movie buzz dying down?

S22 has always been in high demand. long before a flick was in infancy.

Rich (showcase22gr1959) should be able to tell you what 7s are going for.

What would be a good price to pay for a Showcase 22 CGC 7.0 at this time? Do you think the value will drop with the movie buzz dying down?

I just don't see it sell less than $5K...will be interesting. ;)

:takeit:

:grin:

Should sell around the last gpa sale of 9k in 2009. Maybe more maybe less.

Since prices are still in line with 2009-10-11 prices. 7.5 sold for 12.3k to rich( the grand dady of this thread)on ebay. 6.5 are in the 6-7k range.

Quite rare in 7.0 + only 13 n 7.0 and 17 higher out of 396 cgc books.

So ill be safe and say 9k.

Since prices are still in line with 2009-10-11 prices. 7.5 sold for 12.3k to rich( the grand dady of this thread)on ebay. 6.5 are in the 6-7k range.

The last 7.0 has better PQ and sold for $9K and I sense this copy will sell for less...7.0+ has been quite difficult to score. (shrug)

The last 7.0 has better PQ and sold for $9K and I sense this copy will sell for less...7.0+ has been quite difficult to score. (shrug)

I agree the last 7.0 had better PQ but this one has the srtucture eye appeal of a very fine. Square corners, perfect centering, great spine! The last one sold in 2009!!! Its almost 2012 now( when it will be sold) so that means there hasnt been a 7.0 since 2009!!!

There has been your 7.5( great pick up btw!) 1 8.0 2 8.5 an 1 the highest graded 9.0 sold to peewee for 50k+ on clink.So i think it will be in the 9k range since thats the sweet spot for this book.

It will also be an indication of the showcase 22 market in higher grade.

Z

I agree with Rich. It won't topple 9k. (shrug)

The book in the november focused auction is my favorite 9.0. My dad's 9.0 shows alot of white overhang on the spine, but it is still an awesome book :grin: (My dads's probably has the best color strike of the 3 9.0's, and a very white back cover). The one in the november focused auction shows no overhang and I really think it is a very attractive book.

The book in the november focused auction is my favorite 9.0. My dad's 9.0 shows alot of white overhang on the spine, but it is still an awesome book :grin: (My dads's probably has the best color strike of the 3 9.0's, and a very white back cover). The one in the november focused auction shows no overhang and I really think it is a very attractive book.

Go for this copy...so Dad and son will own two of the highest graded copies in the world. :grin:

:jokealert:

Edited by showcase22gr1959

:P

The Gary Keller copy and why now, the seller will take a hit. (shrug)

I agree Rich. With the hype low, it may go in the lower 40s.

Not good for my copy but I always buy the book not the label. :insane:

Hey, they're about to release a Blue-Ray of the movie and a new animated series.

I dunno, maybe this and the new launch in the DC "52" could reignite fan interest.

Hey, they're about to release a Blue-Ray of the movie and a new animated series.

I dunno, maybe this and the new launch in the DC "52" could reignite fan interest.

That is great news, but I just don't think this copy will hit above $65K for the seller to break even.. (shrug)