• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showcase #22 Club
14 14

7,061 posts in this topic

I actually have a 6.0 OW - so it'd only be a PQ upgrade, which would be swell. But I doubt if it's in the budget right now, especially with the other 6.0 showcase they have on the block I need. :cry:

This time of the year it's tough with all these great books being offered. I might have to part with my last Marvel if this keeps up.

$3527 :cry:

That was a pretty low price on that 6.0 White pages no less ???

Personally, I thought the book looked like a 5.5 at best. :/

Any thoughts on possible reasons for the soft price? hm

I thought the book looked like it was a 5.0.Maybe people are finally buying the book and not the label.

I thought the book looked like it was a 5.0.Maybe people are finally buying the book and not the label.

I didn't think it was as low as a 5.0, but it wasn't the best 6.0...but better than some 6.0's.

It can be all about the timing...especially with the holiday seasons. In the last six months, there has been many copies of SC22 in the 5.5+ offered and caused the dropped in prices. For a matter of fact, there has been two 7.0's, two 7.5's and a few 6.0 and 6.5's sold less than a six weeks period. What I find interesting is Showcase 22 have pulled back close to Brave and the Bold 28 levels. In time, this may prove to be an buying opportunity. 2c

Edited by showcase22gr1959

I didn't think it was as low as a 5.0, but it wasn't the best 6.0...but better than some 6.0's.

Glad I stayed with what I have.

RSC2260.jpgKGrHqVHJCkFCZEpDPBQV9UIRw60_57_zpsc7978530.jpg

Now, if we talk about that Showcase #17 6.0 :cry:

I blew that one :flamed:

It can be all about the timing...especially with the holiday seasons. In the last six months, there has been many copies of SC22 in the 5.5+ offered and caused the dropped in prices. For a matter of fact, there has been two 7.0's, two 7.5's and a few 6.0 and 6.5's sold less than a six weeks period. What I find interesting is Showcase 22 have pulled back close to Brave and the Bold 28 levels. In time, this may prove to be an buying opportunity. 2c

I was thinking about this very point recently as I pondered whether to put up a few books for sale to thin the heard and reload for new acquisitions.

When is the best time and worst time to sell books - maybe now is the later and after tax returns the former? The there's con season to consider :P