• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showcase #22 Club
13 13

7,061 posts in this topic

SC4 is still holding its own against SC22. I was sweating for about a year but the threat seems to have subsided.

Own both and no worries. :headbang:

That's my mindset. (thumbs u

Same here. For that matter, just acquire all the major keys and you're covered on all fronts! :whistle:

SC4 is still holding its own against SC22. I was sweating for about a year but the threat seems to have subsided.

Same here. For that matter, just acquire all the major keys and you're covered on all fronts! :whistle:

That's my goal. :applause:

That's my goal. :applause:

Winners. ^^

SC 4 still goes for much more than SC 22 doesn't it? Seems I could only get a 2.0 or 2.5 SC 4 for what i paid for the SC 22 5.0.

At one point SC22 7.5+ was giving SC4 for the run. I just don't see SC22 taking the lead anymore now in all grades...but can narrow the gap though.

Thanks guys....this is one of my favs (and I feel compelled to make up for my selling my 8.5 by buying copies in different grades lol:insane: )

Has anyone ever wanted to put together a super run of a book, defined by having one blue slab in every grade of the book

0.5, 1.0, 1.5, 2.0, 2.5, 3.0, ......, 9.0, 9.2, 9.4, 9.6, 9.8

I know how silly it sounds..... but at one point, I had Avengers 1 in 2.5, 3.0, 3.5, 4.0, 5.0, 6.0, 6.5, 7.0, 7.5, 9.0

You know that show "when animals attack"? There should be one about people like me called "when collectors and OCD meet!"

I think I'm in the club...

There are kits you can buy down at the drug store, to confirm either way.

Good luck! :P

confirmed! :)

Congrats!

I had this copy for almost three years. It is a great looking book! Glad it went to you :applause:

(thumbs u That's pretty cool! I'm hoping to hang onto it for a while too.

Might as well throw mine in the ring, though i'm sure it will only get me a worn out and hagard looking membership card ;)

On the day i've gotten actually good at removing tape and doing minor dry-cleaning this will be the first major comic in my collection I crack open and try to sprice up.

showcase22.jpg

Might as well throw mine in the ring, though i'm sure it will only get me a worn out and hagard looking membership card ;)

On the day i've gotten actually good at removing tape and doing minor dry-cleaning this will be the first major comic in my collection I crack open and try to sprice up.

showcase22.jpg

Don't restore it,nice the way it is. (thumbs u

I understand why you might want to restore a book especially if it's a low grade, but consider that you might someday upgrade it, it'll be easier to selll your low grade unrestored book later and you won't have put as much money into it on restoration fees. They can add up. And do-it-yourself restos are definately a no-no to most collectors unless the doer really knows what they are doing the results rarely turns out for the better.