• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showcase #22 Club
13 13

7,061 posts in this topic

I understand why you might want to restore a book especially if it's a low grade, but consider that you might someday upgrade it, it'll be easier to selll your low grade unrestored book later and you won't have put as much money into it on restoration fees. They can add up. And do-it-yourself restos are definately a no-no to most collectors unless the doer really knows what they are doing the results rarely turns out for the better.

Good point on the re-sale.

I only mention the resto as I am learning it now and maybe, MAYBE many years down the road when I am proficient in it, I might consider doing the tape removal (it's all along the spine and back cover) and minor dry cleaning myself (when looking at the whites you can see it's just dirty - not stained or written on).

Definitely, tape can be a bear to remove . . or easy if it's dried and flakes right off.

I've had the former, and it was a pain-in-the-arse & cost me a bundle to remove.

But one thing's certain, remove it you must or it'll degrade the book over time.

Has anyone ever wanted to put together a super run of a book, defined by having one blue slab in every grade of the book

0.5, 1.0, 1.5, 2.0, 2.5, 3.0, ......, 9.0, 9.2, 9.4, 9.6, 9.8

Uggghhh! That's something a label collector as opposed to a fan of Green Lantern would be attracted to do.

:tonofbricks:

Has anyone ever wanted to put together a super run of a book, defined by having one blue slab in every grade of the book

0.5, 1.0, 1.5, 2.0, 2.5, 3.0, ......, 9.0, 9.2, 9.4, 9.6, 9.8

Uggghhh! That's something a label collector as opposed to a fan of Green Lantern would be attracted to do.

:tonofbricks:

(thumbs u

Nice! (thumbs u

Careful, those GAs can get addictive.

Thanks for the tip! I already have three of the early action books (2,15,17) and i think one of two things will happen. I'll sell them, or I'll continue to build the run.....ugh, that's gonna cost! :insane:

Posted this in the GL collecting thread too, but here also made sense...

Spider sense is tingling with this seller... zero feedback... "milehighcomics2012" as a name? sounds made up, which makes me think the images are stolen too...

Anyone recognize this Showcase 22 on eBay The back cover markings make me think it'd be pretty easy to ID...

JIDF6.jpg

Posted this in the GL collecting thread too, but here also made sense...

Spider sense is tingling with this seller... zero feedback... "milehighcomics2012" as a name? sounds made up, which makes me think the images are stolen too...

Anyone recognize this Showcase 22 on eBay The back cover markings make me think it'd be pretty easy to ID...

JIDF6.jpg

My guess is that if that user name were brought to Chuck's attention, he would be able to get eBay to revoke it. It seems pretty obviously misleading. I would definitely stay clear of that auction.

Not to sway off that auction that I won't be bidding on.

Just looking in the X-men 1 Section and really like how they have it so that you can see who has a book and what the book looks like but think we can take it one step up and link rather than just state what page the book is on.

For Example:

User Grade PQ Link to images posted in the thread