• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showcase #22 Club
14 14

7,061 posts in this topic

No objection to that. But did you noticed SC 22 is selling for a lot more than BB 28 in all grades and is now much harder to locate. Speculations or the seat has turned??? Time will tell.

BB28 suffers because it has a cover featuring the most power heroes in the universe battling... a giant starfish :boo:. One of the worst covers on a key issue.

Conversely, SS22 gets a bump from having a terrific cover.

Totally disagree on BB 28 being a dog cover -- JLA 1 blows, GL 1 blows, and a few others -- but BB 28 I think is a really cool iconic cover...

and BB 28 is definitely thought of as having cache because the justice league enjoys such a widely recognized profile.

What do you mean that the covers to JLA 1 and GL 1 blow? They are classics - who doesn't love a lame chess game cover or a giant puppet? lol

here are a few others I sold, for hindsight sake (didn't get around to scanning them all, as they sold in SD before I had a chance too!)

sc22-1.jpg

sc22cgc4-1.jpg

sc225.jpg

That's eight Showcase #22 today. Anybody else?

i can only pull 5...you win!

Any chance you can show us your five copies?

here are a few others I sold, for hindsight sake (didn't get around to scanning them all, as they sold in SD before I had a chance too!)

sc22-1.jpg

sc22cgc4-1.jpg

sc225.jpg

That's eight Showcase #22 today. Anybody else?

i can only pull 5...you win!

Any chance you can show us your five copies?

well my cgc 5.0 sold to a board member last month..and i just bought 3 more from board members..and a 3.0/3.5 from ebay ...i will post a scan of the 4 fresh graded ones in a week or so.... (thumbs u

here is a mini group shot I took a little while back...

sc22s.jpg

Not quite three of a kind, but a set of three, but a straight. Descent, but could be better. showcase22cgc6.jpg

showcase23cgc65.jpg

showcase24cgc8.jpg

One great set Richard !

Are you possessed with WPs ? Is there a CURE for that type of disease ?

(The reason I ask is I may HAVE it !!)

here is a mini group shot I took a little while back...

sc22s.jpg

Not quite three of a kind, but a set of three, but a straight. Descent, but could be better. showcase22cgc6.jpg

showcase23cgc65.jpg

showcase24cgc8.jpg

One great set Richard !

Are you possessed with WPs ? Is there a CURE for that type of disease ?

(The reason I ask is I may HAVE it !!)

Thanks Brannon! I guess both you and I have been possessed with WPs. The cure is to find WPs to fix it. Glad to be in this board. More to come later.

Thanks; I buy from all of these every day. Well aware of their existence.

I should have clarified the nature of the question; which one of these places would you list it at.

I am put off listing things at HA, I think the final prices are probably a bit lower that the seller gets, since the buyer has to factor in an additional 20%.

Pretty much it is between Clink and CConnect.

Heritage sold a 9.0 over 15000 in 2006. Last year, Comiclink sold the last 9.0 for over $25000 and this was before SC 22 awakens from the ashes with collector's interest and movie hysteria. Also, Comic Connect has grown to be a well recognized auction house which these days have generated some media coverage. All three I recommend, but whichever one you have dealt with and felt more comfortable with is your call.