• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please explain the job of a Comic Book Broker?

19 posts in this topic

I've managed to lurk around the boards recently and between the HULK #181 threads and the Comic Book Market Crash of XX I've starting to notice a parculiar job title a select few seem to have. To the best of my understanding, they are Comic Book Brokers. They spend all of their time finding particular comics in various grades for their clients and upon completing this task, take a fee.

I would love to talk to one of these people since I have so many questions about their job. Are their any Comic Book Brokers would would send me a pm so I can bombard you with questions? thumbsup2.gif

I've managed to lurk around the boards recently and between the HULK #181 threads and the Comic Book Market Crash of XX I've starting to notice a parculiar job title a select few seem to have. To the best of my understanding, they are Comic Book Brokers. They spend all of their time finding particular comics in various grades for their clients and upon completing this task, take a fee.

I would love to talk to one of these people since I have so many questions about their job. Are their any Comic Book Brokers would would send me a pm so I can bombard you with questions? thumbsup2.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I wonder what the fee is for being a Broker of Comic Book Brokers?

What will you pay me for finding you a good one? grin.gif

Ha ha ha ha!!!! 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif Sorry, couldn't help it. Boy, is that the epitome of laziness or what? Having someone do your comic shopping for you. The people who are willing to pay someone to do this deserve to be ripped off by whomever is willing to do it for them.

"A fool and his money are soon parted."

"Wealth is wasted on the wealthy."

Just wondering. Have you ever bought a house? Did you do all the looking, pricing, finding, dealing, and sourcing of the house by yourself?

For a much smaller scale, a comic broker is the same thing.

Ha ha ha ha!!!! 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif Sorry, couldn't help it. Boy, is that the epitome of laziness or what? Having someone do your comic shopping for you. The people who are willing to pay someone to do this deserve to be ripped off by whomever is willing to do it for them.

Well, I believe simply submitting a "want list" to a dealer is gonna result in some aspects of brokering. They are gonna do the shopping for you. In many cases, it is simply impossible to do your own shopping. I am in SF and there is really no GA source near at hand. Closest place I know of is in Sacramento, and without a car it is a tough trip. So I wait for cons or shoot some want lists to delaers I know.

Well, I believe simply submitting a "want list" to a dealer is gonna result in some aspects of brokering. They are gonna do the shopping for you. In many cases, it is simply impossible to do your own shopping. I am in SF and there is really no GA source near at hand. Closest place I know of is in Sacramento, and without a car it is a tough trip. So I wait for cons or shoot some want lists to delaers I know.

No car!?!?! Povertrow indeed! makepoint.gif

Timely

No car!?!?! Povertrow indeed!

When I lived in Boston (Beacon Hill) I had a car - '83 Mazda RX-7 GSL in superb condition. My favorite car. Well, Boston, and especially Beacon Hill, is such that I ended up using the car on Saturdays and on Sundays but had to be back on Sundays befroe about 4:00PM to get a parking space. Rest of the time it was sitting there parked. So when I moved to SF I said to myself "Let me see if I really need a car."

Being a city guy I found a car competely unnecessary in SF. And on the rare times I decide to go outside the city I rent a car. This has proven to be economically advantageous. And I don;t have to worry about where I am parked and when because you have to move the cars more frequently here than in Boston. And I don't have to pay insane insurance fees and see the car get dinged and depreciate to death. Just a cheap rental for a day when needed and I am all set.

If you've ever tried to find parking in S.F. you'd know why he doesn't have a car. My friends always wonder why I hate going up there when it's only a 1/2 hour drive away and I tell them that I spend 30 minutes driving up and another hour trying to find parking 893frustrated.gif

If you've ever tried to find parking in S.F. you'd know why he doesn't have a car. My friends always wonder why I hate going up there when it's only a 1/2 hour drive away and I tell them that I spend 30 minutes driving up and another hour trying to find parking 893frustrated.gif

thumbsup2.gif

Just wondering. Have you ever bought a house? Did you do all the looking, pricing, finding, dealing, and sourcing of the house by yourself?

For a much smaller scale, a comic broker is the same thing.

I've never bought a house (and do not look forward to the headaches of doing so), but you point out something that I was going to point out - BIG difference between having someone research houses and find comics for you. But hey, people can do whatever they want with their money. And if someone can get someone to pay them to look for comics, and can carve out a niche for themselves, more power to them. I'd like to get paid to look at comics! smile.gif

OK - is this the 'Comic Book Broker' thread or the 'Laments of parking in downtown SF' thread?! sign-offtopic.gif

Didn't you are not allowed to complain about a thread going off-topic unless you have already posted an on-topic post in that thread.?