• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Blackest Night #1

563 posts in this topic

Just a heads up to all of you true green fans...

Just got more original art in from Alamy and will be posting on ebay hopefully this eve from issue #48. You can contact me via PM if anything floats your boat!

I know that this is the issue where Larfleeze and Atrocitous battle it out as well as Sinestro getting the business from Atrocticous in a double page splash...

The cover is also available, 1st one we actually have in hand! YES!

JJ

I thought GLc #44 was ok and will lead to furture issues with the BL's at a later point possibly, but all in all it was a filler issue. I also read BN: Flash #2 and found it a bit interesting and seeing the lead into possible resurrection.

Yaay! I'm caught up! First trip to the LCS since November. Interesting end to BN 6 .. long term ramifications? This should be interesting.

Another thing I was thinking about. First don't get me wrong, Geoff Johns is brilliant, not only for bringing back my favorite character ever in GL: Rebirth, but for making his universe cohesive. But, if you look at the GL title over the past three years, it has been nothing but major event after major event .. I wonder how Johns does on day to day story telling when it's not being geared toward a major event?

I ask that way because even the issues prior to Sinestro Corps were building towards Sinestro and Blackest Night.

Then again, with kick booty stories like we have gotten, does it matter? I'm going to say it does because you can expand and flesh out the characters environment without doing the same to the character and that would be a mistake.

Ah well, anyway .. just some stuff that's been going through my head while enjoying GL, GLC and BN :)

But, if you look at the GL title over the past three years, it has been nothing but major event after major event .. I wonder how Johns does on day to day story telling when it's not being geared toward a major event?

huh? i have all 49 issues of GL. blackest night is the first major event (imo). the sinestro corps war wasn't what i would call a major event. i look at it more as a minor event, if any at all. the first 16-18 issues are just normal stories. then after the sinestro corp war, it took quite a few issues before blackest night started. i'd say half the series isn't an event

But, if you look at the GL title over the past three years, it has been nothing but major event after major event .. I wonder how Johns does on day to day story telling when it's not being geared toward a major event?

huh? i have all 49 issues of GL. blackest night is the first major event (imo). the sinestro corps war wasn't what i would call a major event. i look at it more as a minor event, if any at all. the first 16-18 issues are just normal stories. then after the sinestro corp war, it took quite a few issues before blackest night started. i'd say half the series isn't an event

"Major event" for GL universe, not necessarily the DCU. Maybe it's just been too long for me, I'm old after all :preach: , bad memory, but I don't recall the last time a plain ol' non-constant action issue occurred. There were lead ups poking towards Sinestro, and then fall out from and lead up to Blackest Night. (shrug) Oh, and the retcon doesn't count :)

Not saying that any of this is bad mind ya! And neither am I saying I want Claremont 10,000 word bubble stories! And I'm not complaining either :roflmao: Just curious and inviting discussion is all.

:ohnoez: <--- that's just cuz that guy cracks me up

I finally got around to reading my Phantom Stranger #43 and it was great. PS has always been a favorite character of mine and that one-shot did him justice. :applause:

:cool:

Fifty was pretty good. :whee: The story was ok, but it was the artwork that I liked the best :golfclap:

I will pass that on tomorrow morning to Doug! He thought this was his best issue of art since 43. I thought it was great too, a lot of Hal pages which is always great to see!

Fifty was pretty good. :whee: The story was ok, but it was the artwork that I liked the best :golfclap:

I will pass that on tomorrow morning to Doug! He thought this was his best issue of art since 43. I thought it was great too, a lot of Hal pages which is always great to see!

Yes this book has now move to the top of list of books I want signed by Mahnke and Johns at ECCC this year. Might even have to jump out of grading order and have 2 of he recent books double signed instead of just one and an early one for Johns only.