• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Blackest Night #1

563 posts in this topic

I don't know what the ratio was, but there were a ton of them available at the DC booth.

Thank you sir.. I just want to make sure it wasn't the FreeComicBookDay version.

I jsut bought two of them (San Diego Cover) and I haven't seen too many out on the market.

Its true. I haven't seen much of these as well for sale and such. At Comic Con I remember seeing these books on the ground--being stepped on and kicked around, in the trash, or thrown in bags filled with all the free stuff sans comic bag or board.

:slapfight: you had to ruin it for me.. NO BOOKS FOR YOU!

Refund then? (thumbs u

But seriously, I saved a few issues at Comic Con. As soon as I got a few #0's they went into the bag and board. Even the guys I went with got their free issues the bag and board treatment--I just can't see a comic without the proper protection.

The lesson is to bag and board and care for those free issues because if no one will love them who will.

Well, not all those freebies will be worth much, but it's best to hold onto them for a bit and see where the future takes those issues.

All this talk about this issue is making me consider slabbing it--maybe with a snazzy Geoff Johns signature.

After seeing this thread again I dug out my copies of BN #0 and it looks like the small stack I took from SDCC was sacrificed at 4:00 am trying to get my luggage under the allowable weight. :frustrated:

Oh well, at least all of my BN GL figures made the trip north. :devil:

Up until now I've been avoiding all the non-Geoff Johns BN crossovers-- I don't even buy GL Corps. But I see that Blackest Night Flash is written by Johns, so what's the consensus recommendation? For completists only? Or worthy of Johns' other work?

Seems like so far he's done a better job on Barry Allen in Blackest Night than he has in Flash Rebirth.

Zonker,

I like Blackest Night Flash so far.

I also agree: he's doing much better with Flash in Blackest Night than Flash Rebirth.

I don't get GL Corps anymore. I get tired of picking it up for a few, dropping it for awhile, picking it up again, so on and so on. I decide to completely skip it from now on.

Pat

I just caught up on my comic reading since being out of readng since just after BN 1. The stories are great and I really enjoyed catching up on GL, GLC, and BN. It makes me sad I wasn't able to keep up on my reading the last 6 months, but then I get the bonus of not having to wait between issues. I plan on reading BN: Flash and Supes 1 (since my LCS left #2 out but I have 3?) and some of my other series that BN crossed into.

I still say Johns is the best thing to happen to moderns in the writing department.

I just caught up on my comic reading since being out of readng since just after BN 1. The stories are great and I really enjoyed catching up on GL, GLC, and BN. It makes me sad I wasn't able to keep up on my reading the last 6 months, but then I get the bonus of not having to wait between issues. I plan on reading BN: Flash and Supes 1 (since my LCS left #2 out but I have 3?) and some of my other series that BN crossed into.

I still say Johns is the best thing to happen to moderns in the writing department.

+1

+1

+2

I think the big difference between Johns and others is that he cares about the characters and their longevity, rather than just trying a shock and awe approach to garner attention during a short stint writing a book. The only time that has worked for me recently was the Sins of the Past storyline in ASM - I laughed my arse off.

So, just grabbed my copy of GL Corps #44 and my reaction is meh

Spoiler Alert:

It had some good parts, but overall nothing too exciting. It will be interesting to see how Guy does against the Corps, and I wonder what the long term effect of the Black Lanterns being in Mogo will be (I found the whole "they will burn forever" solution a bit too hokey for my tastes).