• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Blackest Night #1

563 posts in this topic

did anyone buy the sketch variant? My LCS was charging 70

$70 is a very good price for that book... it was a 1:250 ratio.

man my comic shop had one but sold it for $300.00 it's just a black&white copy of the regular cover. doh!

I read it, it was ok, not the greatest. My LCS was trying to charge 8 bucks for the rings, I lol'd at him. I wouldn't want one if they were free, I stopped playing with toys years ago.

you'd get one if they were free meh

No I wouldn't, a bud of mine who goes to another LCS got 2 and offered me 1. I really do not want a plastic toy ring.

looks like I should have jumped on it at 70 dollars oh well

What shop was it? We are heading to Broward Saturday to hit tates, crossroads, phils and earth2 after we check out a collection of AMS 2 - 300 full run someone is selling.

:gossip: Hiyo!

What is getting me is... why on earth would DC use variant ratios of Marvel?

I mean... 1:250? You gotta be kidding me. I know there is hype for Blackest Night, but geez!

Its hard enough for my local comic book shop to get all the covers for series like... The Stand, Stephen King: American Nightmares (Which they do not even get more than 2 of the 1:25 cover and there is 3 covers for each issue!) and missing MANY of the Dynamite Entertainment Comics series covers.

Are they trying to not make money and at the same time flood the comic book stores with Blackest Night books?

Why did they not do it like they did Final Crisis?

Or... do a 50/50 cover and do a variant ratio of 1:50 of a 2nd print re-order with a sketch variant for incentive purposes? I mean, if they do it like this... comic shops are not pressured to go bankrupt for variants and flooded with non-variant cover Blackest Night books.

This is gonna blow if I cannot get the entire collection of Blackest Night books to go with my entire collection of Final Crisis.

What shop was it? We are heading to Broward Saturday to hit tates, crossroads, phils and earth2 after we check out a collection of AMS 2 - 300 full run someone is selling.

It was Tate's

It was Tate's

wow tates is usually overpriced, that was a surprise.

A LCS had to order 50 books at least to be able to buy the rings. Then they weren't free, had to be bought. We were giving one away with each book. Good little conversation piece and if you don't like toys, why are you reading comics?

I mean... 1:250? You gotta be kidding me. I know there is hype for Blackest Night, but geez!

Its hard enough for my local comic book shop to get all the covers for series like... The Stand, Stephen King: American Nightmares (Which they do not even get more than 2 of the 1:25 cover and there is 3 covers for each issue!) and missing MANY of the Dynamite Entertainment Comics series covers.

Are they trying to not make money and at the same time flood the comic book stores with Blackest Night books?

Or... do a 50/50 cover and do a variant ratio of 1:50 of a 2nd print re-order with a sketch variant for incentive purposes? I mean, if they do it like this... comic shops are not pressured to go bankrupt for variants and flooded with non-variant cover Blackest Night books.

This is gonna blow if I cannot get the entire collection of Blackest Night books to go with my entire collection of Final Crisis.

I think DC realized that whatever it takes to increase orders, they're in. They've been hyping this arc for years, so the 1:250s' are another effort to maximize off of it.

I liked the story. I wonder if this arc will give birth to the animated version. That would be incredible. hm

I think DC realized that whatever it takes to increase orders, they're in. They've been hyping this arc for years, so the 1:250s' are another effort to maximize off of it.

I liked the story. I wonder if this arc will give birth to the animated version. That would be incredible. hm

:baiting: Hiyo!

I get what your saying, but who is really getting the chance to "maximize" off the hype of the series...

... DC who is forcing the hand of the stores to buy a "boat load" of the books due to (supposed) expected sells and hype for the series at the expense of the (already pressure for) stores to have the corresponding variant covers for the series or the store owners who charges a "boat load" for the variants they put themselves in the hole for?

I just do not like it one bit... and my collection and/or maybe pocketbook is cruelly gonna be the victim when this is all done, and I do not like it one bit.