• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Significant grade bumps or drops when resubmitting old label books?

49 posts in this topic

One of a few AF #15's that I've owned garnered a 4.5 (old label) on the original submission. I wasn't happy with the grade, so I re-submitted and got back a 4.0, which obviously didn't sit too well with me. I held on to it a couple of years and submitted it a 3rd and final time, at which point it received my originally lowest-expected grade of 5.0, and I left it at that.

I'm not sure what this all means, but maybe when stored properly, the books get better with age like a fine wine, or maybe a single point variable range is the norm. (shrug)

One of a few AF #15's that I've owned garnered a 4.5 (old label) on the original submission. I wasn't happy with the grade, so I re-submitted and got back a 4.0, which obviously didn't sit too well with me. I held on to it a couple of years and submitted it a 3rd and final time, at which point it received my originally lowest-expected grade of 5.0, and I left it at that.

I'm not sure what this all means, but maybe when stored properly, the books get better with age like a fine wine, or maybe a single point variable range is the norm. (shrug)

It has posited many times that it actually hinges upon whether the primary grader has gotten any lately.

It has posited many times that it actually hinges upon whether the primary grader has gotten any lately.

Gotten any what...?

Go on. Answer it. You know you want to. It's ok. It won't hurt.

:blush: I was raised by the Amish.

And we get stuck with the only internet-savvy Amish. doh!

And I've my eye on you, English, and your fancy technological ways . . .

You're a cyclops hm

An Amish cyclops :insane:

That collects comics lol

It belongs to his Mennonite cousin. They're going to hell for having the stuff, but it's okay to make use of it. (thumbs u

It belongs to his Mennonite cousin. They're going to hell for having the stuff, but it's okay to make use of it. (thumbs u

Aren't the Mennonites the ones with the hot chicks? hm

Aren't the Mennonites the ones with the hot chicks? hm

I'm not sure I would refer to any of them as hot until they at least shaved their armpits.

Those Amish girls do that to me, too. :luhv:

137750530_48bab6f5e4.jpg

I'd hit that like oxen plowing the field. hm

How about you, Yacob?

Those Amish girls do that to me, too. :luhv:

137750530_48bab6f5e4.jpg

Wow...the higher one has got the look of Death on her face...

she suffers from an exopthalmic condition.