• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Eleanor "Ellie" Frazetta

17 posts in this topic

July 17, 2009, East Stroudsburg PA: Eleanor 'Ellie' Frazetta, the

wife of celebrated artist Frank Frazetta, passed away today to be with

the Lord after a courageous one-year battle with cancer.

Eleanor Kelly was born in Massachusetts and moved to New York where

she married Frank in November, 1956. She acted as his business

partner as well as his lifelong companion. Known for her feisty

personality as well as her intuitive business acumen, she was

instrumental in successfully establishing record prices for Frank's

work throughout her life.

She is survived by her husband Frank, her four children, Frank Jr.,

Billy, Holly and Heidi, numerous grandchildren, and many friends.

A public memorial is planned and details will be announced

shortly. In the meantime, the family requests privacy.

Rob Pistella

Stephen Ferzoco

On behalf of the Frazetta Family

Ellie.jpg

Stephen --

Thanks for posting this news. I never met either of the Frazettas, but am sorry to hear of her death. I'm sure it's tough for those of you who know Frank and Ellie; my condolences.

Dan

Deepest sympathies for the Family. I obviously did not know her but talking with people who did know the Family it was evident this Lady was Fiercly protective of Frank, and really was an amazing woman in so many ways!

I am sure she will be missed hugely and I truly hope Frank can go on. I know I would have a tuff time just functioning if I lost my Wife.

On a side note looking at the Painting Frake did of Ellie the love for her is so evident in that art! Her strength and beauty both inward and outward is richly evident!

God I wish I had the Talent to capture and express on canvas my love for my Wife the Way Frank did Ellie.

I am sure many are wishing the Family Peace in this tuff time.

An update from the family:

The Frazetta family is extremely appreciative of the outpouring of love and support during this difficult time. Funeral services will be private for family only. In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the following:

VNA Hospice of Monroe County

502 Independence Road

East Stroudsburg, PA 18301

That is such a beautiful portrait of Ellie, and a true testament of love. Like so many artists, I attribute Frank with being my earliest, and greatest, influence on starting to draw, and have been a fan of his all of my life. My condolences and prayers to him and his family. They all have a beautiful angel watching over them now.

-Michael Champion

That is such a beautiful portrait of Ellie, and a true testament of love. Like so many artists, I attribute Frank with being my earliest, and greatest, influence on starting to draw, and have been a fan of his all of my life. My condolences and prayers to him and his family. They all have a beautiful angel watching over them now.

-Michael Champion

I was hitting puberty about the time Frazetta really stated hitting his stride and his work is embedded in my psyche. I remember getting the Living Legend softcover at the bookstore and devouring the biographical info...the stuff about Elle really helped to explain where a major source of his vitality and energy came from...the ink work sketches of her while she slept taught me more about love than a thousand words ever could. I am an artist and have appreciated art all my life and nothing else ever quite stoked me like the stuff Frank (and Elle) cranked out. This really is breaking my heart...the energy from those paintings have such a visceral, almost immortal feel to them...almost beyond mortality. This is truly the end of an era. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u