• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heritage Auction Guy Holcombe Archie #1 is off and running....

47 posts in this topic

I'd guess just north of 25k given that it is the highest graded copy. Granted it could pretty easily be trumped as HGC but so far not yet. Even as second highest it'd get 20k on a decent day.

Here's my cover only... :sorry:

scan.jpg

20-30k for this copy?Wow.Need to tell someone with a 6.0 about this auction.

I see the book is a 7. :blush:im such a dope sometimes.

Well, after a two week hiatus on bids , the book is now at ....

$20,000

w/ Buyer's Premium (BP) : $23,900.00

I hope that it might have a bump or two before the live bids start.

I saw that Heritage slapped a $30,000.00 estimate on it at SDCC.

Have we now made it a habit of promoting our own books currently at auction? I thought that is what the Sales Advertising thread is for.

My daughter asked me for the definition of "crass". I pointed her to this thread.

Sorry for my crass "promotion" but I did not think that the majority of players in this forum

a) spend 25K or more for a single comic and

b) even collect Archie.and

c) are even interested other than where it might end up.

I find it "interesting" that I do not brag or show and tell what I have or have not in my collection and am being accused of being crass. I guess there are several examples of it on the board. My two crass cents worth....;. hm

Nobody's saying you shouldn't be allowed to "brag" about a book you own. But this is the second time in a year you've started your own thread, about your book that was currently being auctioned. The point was raised last time, and I agree here as well, that this kind of thread is really just you promoting your book. It's not a case of someone wondering how much a certain book will go at auction. We're just suggesting that the advertising sales forum is more appropriate.

Here's the last time you did it.

Should we also believe that you are really selling the book in protest of the Archie "wedding"?

CBG Article

Sorry for my crass "promotion" but I did not think that the majority of players in this forum

a) spend 25K or more for a single comic and

b) even collect Archie.and

c) are even interested other than where it might end up.

Don't want to start a huge debate [i fall into the a to c category] but these comments are very curious. Then why did you start the thread? (shrug)

It was started because of the name Guy Holcombe having several comics surface. This is the most significant one up for auction and in that thread (NOT STARTED BY ME) someone mentioned that the daughter was monitoring what her father's comics were selling for. That was why I broke the thread out .

You have to ply me with liquor and offer sexual favors and respect me in the morning before I will let you have your way with my comics and all. Seriously, I have nothing to speak of like you guys.... (shrug)

It was started because of the name Guy Holcombe having several comics surface. This is the most significant one up for auction and in that thread (NOT STARTED BY ME) someone mentioned that the daughter was monitoring what her father's comics were selling for. That was why I broke the thread out .

I might buy that if you hadn't made posts like these:

Current Bid: $14,000

w/ Buyer's Premium (BP) : $16,730.00

Keep the momentum going, please!........

and

Well, after a two week hiatus on bids , the book is now at ....

$20,000

w/ Buyer's Premium (BP) : $23,900.00

I hope that it might have a bump or two before the live bids start.

Whatever your intentions may have been when you started this thread, you turned it into cheerleading for increases in the bidding on YOUR book.