• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So we've had a best artist poll...

72 posts in this topic

Liefeld Rules

This site shows the power Rob brought to comics

snicker :preach:

This site is hilarious. The Rob Liefeld drinking game :roflmao:

Put this on the list of my favorite Liefeld pictures. hm

liefeldgirl1.gif

Jack Kirby :sumo:

I think Kirby only stays off the list for the sheer number of things he created.

Otherwise, I think his art is terrible, and agree with you.

However, I'd have to also put a vote in for Ditko. I think his art is atrocious. :eek:

Kirby and Liefeld have more in common than most give credit for. They both eschewed conventional anatomical detail, had dynamic compositions and layouts, and were inverterate creators.

Of course, Kirby is a ruby to Liefeld's smoky quartz, but still

I think Kirby only stays off the list for the sheer number of things he created.

However, I'd have to also put a vote in for Ditko. I think his art is atrocious. :eek:

Are you looking for a fight :baiting:

I've always thought Sam Keith and Bill Sienkiewicz's art was awful.

Those guys are hit and miss for me. Actually there is only one Keith piece that I really like. I do however, love the Sienkiewicz painting that own, and his Moon Knight covers my favorite block of covers, but I have seen some interiors he's done that hurt my eyes.

I've never liked anything of Sam Keith's, there have been some decent Bill Sienkiewicz art but his run on New Mutants was just awful.

Just callin' it like I see it. :slapfight:

Just callin' it like I see it. :slapfight:

Fair enough.Who are some of your favorites?

I've always thought Sam Keith and Bill Sienkiewicz's art was awful.

Those guys are hit and miss for me. Actually there is only one Keith piece that I really like. I do however, love the Sienkiewicz painting that own, and his Moon Knight covers my favorite block of covers, but I have seen some interiors he's done that hurt my eyes.

I've never liked anything of Sam Keith's, there have been some decent Bill Sienkiewicz art but his run on New Mutants was just awful.

Aye aye ayyyye... doh!

I shouldn't even have ventured into this thread.

Al Milgrom has to be the worst!!!
i cant call him the worst -- his style just seemed simple -- a very simple style -- true - that it had no individual style -- it was just plain simple , factory assembly line art