• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So we've had a best artist poll...

72 posts in this topic

Who would be considered the worst artist? I have seen some really crappy art, but my vote goes to Rob Liefeld:

livestock~captain.jpg

:sick:

I am the worst artist.

I was thinking more along the lines of established pro artists :gossip:

So I guess theres no bones about it...Liefeld IS the worst artist! :makepoint:

I've said it before, I'd take Liefeld over Humberto Ramos any day.

But there are so many that could make this list. Liefeld, Ramos, Trimpe, Ayers, Heck, Tuska, Joe Madarieura, Todd Nauk, Skottie Young, the guy that draws Chew, Frank Robbins, Frank Springer, Al Milgrom, most artists from the Golden Age, etc...

I've said it before, I'd take Liefeld over Humberto Ramos any day.

But there are so many that could make this list. Liefeld, Ramos, Trimpe, Ayers, Heck, Tuska, Joe Madarieura, Todd Nauk, Skottie Young, the guy that draws Chew, Frank Robbins, Frank Springer, Al Milgrom, most artists from the Golden Age, etc...

Guess your not a GA fan hm

Some liefeld stuff is okay, however that Capt picture is one of the worst ever.

I have yet to see anything Liefeld ever did that I would call "okay".

There are other pro artists as bad as Liefeld, and perhaps some even worse (though none come immediately to mind), but when it comes to the gap between degree of fanboy appreciation and degree of artistic skill - Liefeld is king!

Of course he laughs all the way to the bank - he still can't believe he actually gets paid for the dreck he cranks out - I'd be laughing too.

I still remember reading NM Annual 5 and thinking how cool the new style of art was.

He really was fun to watch early on. When he began parodying himself, it got ugly. And his parrots were even worse at it than he was.

Oddly enough I am right now wearing my sleeveless military vest. It has almost as many pouches as the costumes Rob drew. The inside left breast pocket is my favorite one. I used to hide my flask in it at college all the time.

I've always thought Sam Keith and Bill Sienkiewicz's art was awful.

Those guys are hit and miss for me. Actually there is only one Keith piece that I really like. I do however, love the Sienkiewicz painting that own, and his Moon Knight covers my favorite block of covers, but I have seen some interiors he's done that hurt my eyes.

Ron Lim

When he started working on the Silver Surfer series, fans were buying up his early Eradicator books because it was his first work, but his art never improved from there.

48889_20060705181631_large.jpg