• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic store in New York/Richard Sequino

36 posts in this topic

Does anybody know Golden Memories Comics & Games and more importantly know of the owner Richard Sequino??

I ask this because he ripped me off of 600 bucks and I can't even speak to him without him hanging up on me the minute he realizes it's me. Took my money via paypal, I sent it as money owed per his request to avoid fees, and then after money cleared he dissapeared. Anyone know what I could do about this?

Martin

I dont think you can when you send it via personal payment....

Which is probably why he asked to be paid that way. :P

sounds good, I guess...I only have a business account, so I am not in tune with other options...

sounds like it is time to hire a lawyer!

Does anybody know Golden Memories Comics & Games and more importantly know of the owner Richard Sequino??

I ask this because he ripped me off of 600 bucks and I can't even speak to him without him hanging up on me the minute he realizes it's me. Took my money via paypal, I sent it as money owed per his request to avoid fees, and then after money cleared he dissapeared. Anyone know what I could do about this?

Martin

Good luck.

You can be the first person to review the store at this link.

deweycheatemandhowe

Yes, I'd love to talk to some legal person on from this board and see what we can do. I'm willing to go far with this as I've been collecting for many years and never came across someone like this guy.

I saw his name and company in the comic book master list .... I have all records of our e-mails and there's even a note in the paypal payment stating what it was for. Like a dummy I did agree with him and pay him via paypal as a personal payment instead of as a payment for goods, therefore I cant file any kind of dispute... a combination of this guy being smart and me being stupid.

I filed a complaint with the BBB of NY... not sure what they can do but right now I'm open for anything. The guy just hangs up each time I call... amazing...

I appreciate everyones input... very frustrating indeed..

Any legal experts please get ahold of me ))

Martin

The store is 2 towns over from where I live. He is in a shopping center. I've been to the store twice, The total amount of time spent between both visits was under 15 minutes. I didn't see anything great or any silver or golden age. There are kids working there, and the center of the store(which is small) is set up for kids to play role playing games..

Any other questions, and I'll try and answer..

~Sixx

I'm not sure of his Ebay name. His regular store name is Golden Memories Comics & Games... there's a name similar to that on Ebay, but I'm not sure if it's him. I emailed the ebay name and asked if they were based in Mastic... I've received no response in 2 days... so it probably is him.

Hey SIXX... wow, I wish I lived two towns over from him. I'd pay him a visit personally. How about you be my Rocky Balboa and go collect...lol.. I'll give you 50%.. that's 300 clams to shake up a dungens and dragons freak.

When I called the guy, he sounded... we'll I'll be nice... he sounded 'slow'... and the ten other times I called him and he wasn't there, it sure did sound like kids picking up the phone. So SIXX.. wanna be my collector? Just tell him your there to pick up the books for me, and then watch his face turn a light shade of green.

I'm not sure of his Ebay name. His regular store name is Golden Memories Comics & Games... there's a name similar to that on Ebay, but I'm not sure if it's him. I emailed the ebay name and asked if they were based in Mastic... I've received no response in 2 days... so it probably is him.

Hey SIXX... wow, I wish I lived two towns over from him. I'd pay him a visit personally. How about you be my Rocky Balboa and go collect...lol.. I'll give you 50%.. that's 300 clams to shake up a dungens and dragons freak.

When I called the guy, he sounded... we'll I'll be nice... he sounded 'slow'... and the ten other times I called him and he wasn't there, it sure did sound like kids picking up the phone. So SIXX.. wanna be my collector? Just tell him your there to pick up the books for me, and then watch his face turn a light shade of green.

:popcorn:

If SIXX is not interested shoot me a PM. I could always use 300 clams. :grin:

Are you looking to collect the books or do you want your payment back? I could easily say I'm your cousin for you, and try and get whichever you wanted back.

What did you purchase from him, as I really don't see his store being stocked with quality stuff.

Call him again, and tell him your cousin Pat lives in Smithspoint, and you want him to collect for you since its dragging on. He'll poop, once he finds out I'm 15 minutes away.

Once everything is finalized, I would go to the store and collect on your behalf.

See how you make out, be more than happy to help out a fellow collector. Let me know.

~PAT