• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This book is trimmed, right?

29 posts in this topic

"The Hulk's out colder than a well-digger's ascot!"

Worst. Metaphor. Ever.

Good gravy, I thought you made that metaphor up but no, it's there.

Would it sound better if.....colder than a gold-digger's ascot?

I can see what the writer was attempting to do, which was to make a family-friendly version of the old adage 'colder than a well-digger's arse'. However, if you don't already have that phrase in your personal lexicon, that caption makes zero sense. Making a bad homophone out of a word doesn't make it any better. If he were describing how hot something was, that writer probably would have said "It's hotter than two rats funneling in a wool sock!"

Definitely a FACTORY MISCUT! rantrant You can see at the bottom right corner that there is "extra paper" that wasn't cut out. Surprised to see a miscut book graded as a 9.9. Isn't there a grade limit to grading a miscut? (shrug) I understand that CGC does not mark down on factory defects like that, but a 9.9 for that!?! You can't even get a PSA graded 9 card if the card were not close to perfectly centered