• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC Sports Illustrated Magazines on eBay

45 posts in this topic

Very spiffy! (thumbs u

I'll have SI mags in my eBay store soon enough. Those prices I believe reflect, accurately, the difficulty it is to find magazines in high grade. Generally, magazines aren't even produced in the 9.4+ area. I would consider high grade for a magazine, 8.5+.

It would have been nice if one or two of the CGC'd books had been entered via the auction process. This could have provided insight on what premium collectors might put on for the CGC certification.

I would consider high grade for a magazine, 8.5+.

why 8.5?

look at comic mags like:

Creepy

Eerie

Savage Sword Of Conan

Rampaging Hulk

Vampirella

etc

High grade for these is 9.4 to 9.8 in general

Why would SI high grade be so much lower? Especially on the modern Jordan/Woods mags?

I may be the first sucker to overpay for a CGC graded Sports Illustrated,

but I'm willing to take the chance.

Here's the one I just bought:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370229872077

(thumbs u

Lebron who?

:kidaround:

I may be the first sucker to overpay for a CGC graded Sports Illustrated,

but I'm willing to take the chance.

Here's the one I just bought:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370229872077

(thumbs u

Of all his auctions, I thought that was the best investment... but then again, what do I know? This SI grading stuff is still in the early stages.

But again... the only 9.8, 1st appearance of a very sought after athlete.. I say good purchase! (thumbs u :applause:

I wonder did CGC hire more staff or work with the same amount of people on this venture.

I wonder if restored copies are going to start popping up soon

The big issue with SI will be "no label" vs "subscription label" copies, since CGC does not consider these labels a defect (just like arrival dates are not defects).

I expect "label" copies will be the outcasts, just like C-OW pages are looked down upon for bronze comics. I would think "no label" copies would sell for at least twice the price of their "label" counterparts.

Anyone have the 1976 Bruce Jenner cover SI after he won Olympic gold?

Hey, what do you all think of the "collectible" issues SI puts out, like for the Superbowl champ, or the NCAA Mens' Basketball champs, will any of those be worth a damn, or are they the "variant cover edition" analogy to comics?

-slym

Anyone have the 1976 Bruce Jenner cover SI after he won Olympic gold?

Hey, what do you all think of the "collectible" issues SI puts out, like for the Superbowl champ, or the NCAA Mens' Basketball champs, will any of those be worth a damn, or are they the "variant cover edition" analogy to comics?

-slym

Speaking of collectible issues...anyone remember the "limited edition" Jordan hologram cover? hm