• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DC Comics storms the film world.

36 posts in this topic

Well I guess it's time for Grant Morrison to move from making gibberish comics to making gibberish movies.

Hopefully they don't actually give him anything.

Well I guess it's time for Grant Morrison to move from making gibberish comics to making gibberish movies.

Isnt gibberish movies all Hollywood makes now anyway?

Having numerous projects in development isn't really 'storming the film world'.

I like the quote from Morrison saying he couldn't quite understand how to write the Wonder Woman character :screwy:

yay i wonder which superhero they will ruin next???

hm

He can be the writer for an Inferior Five movie

Angel and the Ape maybe :insane:

Elisha Cuthbert can be the Angel!

He can be the writer for an Inferior Five movie

Angel and the Ape maybe :insane:

Elisha Cuthbert can be the Angel!

Some here would say she'd be best suited for the ape role

:angel: Hiyo!

I am kind of wondering if they could do a... Final Crisis movie after all these DC super-hero movie adaptations are done!

Just think.... DC Comics presents the new upcoming movie, Final Crisis! Nothing else in the title... just say Final Crisis!

Oh yeah, and have Grant Morrison play Turpin! I would be so stoked for that movie!

I am kind of wondering if they could do a... Final Crisis movie after all these DC super-hero movie adaptations are done!

Just think.... DC Comics presents the new upcoming movie, Final Crisis! Nothing else in the title... just say Final Crisis!

Oh yeah, and have Grant Morrison play Turpin! I would be so stoked for that movie!

From what I been reading most of the new DC movies will be based on the pre-Crisis universe, there is no way mainstream would be able to follow all the different Crisis, they would become more confused then the hardcore comic fan is now. ;)

It is bad enough they have him as a "consultant" to any of their films. Wonder Woman wasn't the only character he had no clue how to deal with in Final Crisis. :baiting:

As stated above, there is no way DC would do this anytime in the forseable future because a) most comic fans thought the story was bad so that kills your early adopters for a flick before it even starts and b) as stated above it would just confuse any non-comic reading movie goers with the whole pre-post-final-attempt to clean up after final mess - Crisis.

I am pretty sure they will improve on the DC dreck I have read over the last year, look at Dark Knight with Bale, when was the last Batman comic you read that good?

I am pretty sure they will improve on the DC dreck I have read over the last year, look at Dark Knight with Bale, when was the last Batman comic you read that good?

:sumo: Batman has been a good read for while. Some stories are not as good as others. But the character definitely has enough history to keep movies going for years.

Joker 5 way revenge, laughing fish??

Final Crisis lacked, I dont care much for Grant Morrison. So I hope they dont let him near the movies.

Final Crisis lacked, I dont care much for Grant Morrison. So I hope they dont let him near the movies.

Bad News

Geoff Johns, Grant Morrison and Marv Wolfman Are Working on DC Comic Book Movies

http://www.slashfilm.com/2009/07/19/geoff-johns-grant-morrison-and-marv-wolfman-are-working-on-dc-comic-book-movies/

:pullhair: Hiyo!

Oh my gosh! You guys do not get? Its a marketing ploy!

Think of it like this:

DC is already laying down the foundation with the movie origins of so many of the JLA, but instead of a JLA movie down the line... make it Final Crisis!

They could do the movie in the order of comic release for the 2-part movie with the minis added in the movie too!

People are already being re-accustom to 3-hour movies... though most of the top released movies are about 2-hours and 45-55 minutes. (Do not forget the 10-15 min previews)

So a 3-hour 20-25 minute two-part movie could fly... though with Final Crisis content, it will be R-rated (Which would be a big money killer; ex. Watchmen).

Layout for the first movie could be of... Final Crisis #1-4, Final Crisis: Requiem, Final Crisis: Rogue's Revenge, and Final Crisis: Superman Beyond #1

Second layout for the second movie could be of... Final Crisis #5-8, Final Crisis: Revelations, Final Crisis: Legion of Super-heroes*, Final Crisis: Submit, Final Crisis: Superman Beyond #2

*Final Crisis: Legion of Super-heroes... the depictions of this mini has to be blend perfectly, taking place after Final Crisis: Superman Beyond #2 (Which means: Superman must be kidnap by the Legion after the events of Final Crisis: Superman Beyond #2, to make sense and flow with the movie) with him coming back for the event of the greatest scene ever in movie history, death of Batman in Final Crisis #6!

It would totally work... lots of super-heroes (Other super-heroes depicted with little knowledge will intrigue others to pick up the trades and/or some of the new DC books like... Final Crisis Aftermath: Dance; Escape; and Ink, to learn about the some characters they saw in the movie!), lots action, and maybe they should get someone to narrate (They do not need to explain much but say in the DC world... there is 52 parallel universes of Earth and each is designated a Monitor, but one was punished for evolving itself too much its universe; influencing it (I know this is not truly all correct, but movies never have correctly translated anything before from other mediums to movies... besides Watchman) and was banished in a plot... to which will be unfolded) in the beginning of the movies and probably near the end of them too!

P.S.

If people after the movie wanted to know about the 52 parallel universes... DC will just re-release the trades and make a killing!