• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fantastic four # 11on e-bay an 8.0??

12 posts in this topic

there's an FF#11 on e-bay featured items now.

the seller is advertising it as a solid 8.0 or better.

the scan isn't too bad and it's both the front and back. but, from what i can see on the scan there's quite a bit of color loss in many spots, there's an inch wide dust shadow down the entire right edge, there's a half inch tear on the back covers left middle, along with a couple of other smaller tears, and there are definitely blunted corners. if i'm seeing this correctly, i'd be hard pressed to go beyond a 6.0.

this guy has a rating of over 400 with a 99+% positive response. when i was completely new to this i would have relied heavily on his power-seller status and high percentage of positives.

am i out to lunch on this one?? (of course i'm too lame to know how to post the image to this thread.......sorry blush.gif)

Without trying to sound negative:

How long is it going to take for collectors to realize:

1) Dealers/Sellers have been OVERGRADING books from the beginning of this hobby. And that won't change (hence the need for CGC). 893whatthe.gif

2) eBay Feedback is practically useless regarding the ability of a seller to grade books. Unless I see lots of feedback saying that the book is "ACCURATELY GRADED" and those books are high-grade books, eBay's feedback only helps me determine if the person is a trustworthy seller. Not if they can grade a lick.

893frustrated.gif

I think it's a 5.0.

I tend to agree. Since I need 11 I was watching it the last auction before it was relisted.

6.0 without the tear. 5.5 at best with it. confused-smiley-013.gif