• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comics will be worthless in 1 year

126 posts in this topic

"I share your interest in computers, though I stay out of the programming end, my interest is in hardware and learning/using different Software."

Hardware (all levels) is what I specialize in. Software (other then OS's) isn't what I'm interested in and about the only thing I know how to "program" is a router.

The_Man_Of_Steel I have the first of the Superman Archives books, I haven't been keeping up on them. I did by the book Superman from the 30s to the 70s when it first came out way back in the 70s, but haven't bought any other collected books. No money and no time to read them.

Some of the Actions in the early 400s that were CGCed recently sold for some nice prices on eBay. I didn't get the high bid on any of them, unfortunately. They were CGC 9.2 or higher, and are actually kind of hard to find, since the early 400s were the 25 cent books. After they raised the prices to 25 cents (from 15 cents) I stopped buying for a while, and I suspect many other folks did too, so they are kind of scarce (relatively for such a new book).

NAME: Kendall

ORIGIN/FIRST APPEARANCE/BACKGROUND: Born in the small craphole known as Pratt, Kansas. Lived there for 2 days before moving to Dodge City, Kansas. Moved to Wichita, Kansas at the age of 10, where I eventually graduated from Wichita North High School (fellow alumni include: Barry Sanders and WNBA star Lynette Woodard). Received my Bachelors degree from the University of Oklahoma in 2002; and received my Masters degree from Oklahoma State University in July 2005.

CURRENT DOMICILE: Auburn, Alabama. I am pursuing my Ph.D. in chemical engineering with aspirations of becoming a university professor. I live with my girlfriend of 3 1/2 years and our 1 year old cat, Oscar.

MARITAL STATUS: Common-Law marriage (if that still exists)

FIRST COMIC BOUGHT: X-Men #6. No, not the original series. The issue from 1992, with Psylocke and Sabretooth on the cover. I recently bought a new copy of it, because the last one was pretty mangled.

FAVORITE SPORTS TEAMS: Oklahoma Sooners, Oklahoma State Cowboys, Auburn Tigers, Wichita State Shockers (hometown teams), St. Louis Cardinals, Denver Broncos.

FAVORITE BANDS/MUSICIANS: Edgewater, Thursday, Linkin Park, Incubus

HOBBIES BESIDES COMIC BOOKS: Acoustic & electric guitar, movies, basketball, soccer, golf, video games.

Name: Timothy Juarez

Alias: Timulty

Stats: 6'1 360 lbs.

Origin: Glendora Community Hospital, Glendora, CA

Super Powers: Keen intellect, terrible sense of humor, operatic singing voice and a fine appreciation for comics.

After living 8 years in the Hell-hole known as Azusa, Young Timothy was subjected to the harshest environs known to man; the wheatfields of Kansas. After living 2 years in Garnett, Young Timothy's Family moved to an even more lame area known as Iola. It was here that Timothy learned the values that would serve him best in life. Notably, get the hell outta dodge(no offense meant to the citizenry of Dodge, Ks) at first opportunity. This opportunity would not present itself for nigh 20 years. After a failed attempt at opera singing, Timothy decided to pursue a degree in MIS at Kansas State University. At this point he was offered gainful, though not lucrative, employment in Florida. Enjoying the environment, he started to truly enjoy life. Sadly, employment in Florida was not lucrative enough to keep him there. Eventually, he made his way back west to Arkansas. Still he wonders what would have happened, if he had married Jessica Alba.

I'll give it a go:

Name: John Nock

Height: 6'4"

Weight: 215

Background: Raised in a military family, so born in Spokane, moved to Guam, then to Alaska, then to Indiana until 9th grade and cried all the way to Mountain Home, Ideeho. Served in the Army from 89-93 and was stationed in Germany -where the beer flows like the salmon of Capustrano - for a couple years and then DC for a couple more. I moved back to Boise when my time was up(one war and one marriage was enough for me) because I didn't know where else to go. I have bachelor's degrees in Technical Communication, Creative Writing (couldn't you tell by this post insane.gif), and Philosophy, but have been stuck being a surgical assistant for a group of Orthopods and Trauma surgeons for the last 11 years - the pays way to good to become a struggling writer though I struggle writing daily.

Marital Status: Live with my soon-to-be wife(Linda), her son(Jeremiah), a dog(Bert),3 cats (Benny,JC, and Yoda), 3 guinnea pigs (Granny,Browneye and Whitey). And a [embarrassing lack of self control]/load of comics.

Hobbies: Rock climbing, mountain biking,skiing, basketball, rugby, ESPN.

Favorite Comic Character: Flash followed closely by Phantom Stranger

Favorite Sports Teams: Irish and Yankees

What I do when I'm not working(almost never): look here and write(I currently have a book being pushed by my agent in NY).

Favorite Bands: Vandals, Black Flag, Janes Addiction, Mariah Carey, Flogging Molly...and many more punk bands though I have no piercings, tats, or other disfigurements that would mark me as such.

Favorite Writers: Vonnegut, Warren Ellis, Harlan Ellison, Silverberg, Richard K. Morgan, Glen Cook, Tobias Wolf, Raymond Carver, Hemingway(off the top of my head).