• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

IT WAS FRAUD - Add seller to your "Do Not Buy From" List - re: ASM #20 on ebay

33 posts in this topic

UPDATE:

Called CGC today with bar code number and found out book is missing last page :o

An obvious attempt at ebay fraud

They even tried to keep the fraud going by sending me a photo so small I could not read the notes on the label indicating a page was missing

I never paid for the book, so I'm not out any $$

I am going to contact ebay and try to get them banned :mad:

A case of the old 'if it sounds too good to be true...'

I probably saved the 2nd highest bidder from getting ripped off and they don't even know it

I was just hoping for a real barain on an auction that ended at 5 AM EST

Oh well ....... it didn't cost me any money

And I already spoke to someone at ebay on the phone. This guy will probably get banned based on his username alone (it has swearing in it)

He probably would have got away with it if he had posted that small picture on the auction. Cause it wouldn't had raised no red flags with some people. They would have just said yeah its a slab let me bid on it. dekeuk you just save a whole lot of people time and money.

Wow. Crappiest photo ever.

deliberately crappy

No doubt,

Backlit by the monitor, no foreground light at all,

He was trying to show you the comic and hide the top edge with the cert on it, making it dark enough to not see the green or any details.

C

I just picked up ASM #20 in GCC 7.0 for $125 (GPA = $300)

When you see the auction you will see why it went so low.

Note to seller:

1. take a photo of the actual slab, not stock photos (they use stock photos for the raw comics they were selling too)

2. make it clear this is NOT a raw copy (I had to email them just to verify this)

3. write a few words in the auction

4. don't end the auction at 5 AM EST

Ok, I don't really know you and hope you all the best. But I do find a little irony in the fact that you came across as a little smug with your "how to do an auction correctly" post only to become a victim.

Now, sure you're out no money, but I guess I'm curious did you originally send on your note above to the seller offering him a better way to conduct an auction?