• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Terrible news concerning nik.

623 posts in this topic

My heart is very heavy, one of the first things I thought about after my hiatus from the boards, was looking forward to getting into one of Nik's grading contest again. My prayers go out to his family and to those of you here who were indeed close friends of his. Godspeed Nik, you will be dearly missed.

I'm in shock at the news happening all so fast. I think it's catching almost all of us off guard because many of us had recently seen him or planned to see him. He was and (still is, I'll hold out hope for a miracle) is a member of this community who was highly respected. Honest, forthright, and went out of his way to help you. I saw him last in NYC when he drove down to hand deliver a group of slabs I bought from him. I'll now make sure I keep some of those.

In the five years I've been on the boards, this news makes the scandals, flame wars and other comic happenings seem small -- because in comparison to this, they are.

I considered Nik a real friend -- and I can only pray for he and his family.

I have no words for this, I'll miss him terribly and my heart cries out for his family.

When I met him for the first time, two weeks ago, I had memorized the Greek word for "hello" so I could make him laugh...and now it's so hard to say "goodbye" to him in any language :(

I hope that his brother was wrong, or mistaken, or something other than right.

I have not been able to stop thinking about Nik since I got the news, this can't be happening.

Such a good person, so different than most of the people we meet in the world. He really cares about people in a world where everyone else seems concerned with only themselves.

This is just wrong.

C

I need to post just to make myself feel better, have been in shock all morning and this latest update is really hard to take. Nik is one of those guys I would mail a book to for free if I knew that he needed a copy. He always made me smile with his posts, had very similar collecting interests and was an absolute pleasure to deal with. My thoughts go out to his family.

This is all so very sad and tragic -- my heart goes out to his friends and family. Does anyone have any pics of Nik that they could share? I'm sure that a few have been posted on these boards previously.

This is all so very sad and tragic -- my heart goes out to his friends and family. Does anyone have any pics of Nik that they could share? I'm sure that a few have been posted on these boards previously.

I posted this in the Events section in the Greek Town thread. I called it "missing soldier" when I posted it last week because Nik would not make the dinner this year as he was supposed to be in Greece.

Chicago08051.jpg

I don't know Nik aside from these boards.

It is saddening when someone is stricken in such a manner. My condolences to the family and friends.

This is all part of life and one day we will all take the same journey. I can only offer the these thoughts.

May your journey be wondrous and fulfilling to the soul. Let joy and comfort be your companions while you uncover the mysteries that lie ahead. And when you find a peaceful shore to spend eternity...keep an eye out for me, for I too shall pass that shore someday and a kind word, a warm smile and a guiding hand will be most appreciated.

Godspeed, and may the family find solace.