• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The nik contribution thread.

172 posts in this topic

Many have expressed an interest in being able to contributed to a fund for Nik and his family following his stroke on Saturday. Link.

Please PM either myself or skypinkblu for GACollectible's e-mail address in order to forward a paypal contribution for Nik and his family as neither sky nor myself thought it wise to post the address on a public forum.

Please be aware that the payment is going to GACollectible's account and please put Nik in the subject line. GAC, Andy, has known nik for several years and lives just down the road from him in Boston.

Also, when sending the contribution, please be sure and select the PERSONAL tab on the payment screen.

I know that nik's family will appreciate all the prayers and support.

Thank you.

Many have expressed an interest in being able to contributed to a fund for Nik and his family following his stroke on Saturday. Link.

Please PM either myself or skypinkblu for GACollectible's e-mail address in order to forward a paypal contribution for Nik and his family as neither sky nor myself thought it wise to post the address on a public forum.

Please be aware that the payment is going to GACollectible's account and please put Nik in the subject line. GAC, Andy, has known nik for several years and lives just down the road from him in Boston.

Also, when sending the contribution, please be sure and select the PERSONAL tab on the payment screen.

I know that nik's family will appreciate all the prayers and support.

Thank you.

PM sent

I'm going to send flowers today, from the board, in lieu of my contribution, so anything that is donated by anyone else, will go directly to the family. I'm sure most people know Nik is self employed.

I know these are troubled times economically, but I am sure that even small contributions, will help his wife knowi that people are supportive.. (II believe in the chicken soup theory, it can't hurt)

I'm going to post a link in the gold section, perhaps someone will put a link in the water cooler.

Regardless of whether anyone can contribute, when I see all the support in these threads and the caring that is shown on these boards, it makes me very proud to be a member. (thumbs u

OK, I sent flowers from the board. Jim said that some people have been offering comics.

If people want to PM me scans of the books/both sides, and grading info, at least I can help get everything together. The donations would have to include shipping for this to work smoothly.

I figure that early next week, after we have a little more information, and some people are back from San Diego, I'll set up an auction in the market place, maybe Tuesday? ...unless someone wants to set it up this weekend, unfortunately, I won't be around.

Suggestions always welcome

No kidding -- we all echo that. I'll talk to my friend Mike Shuley about getting something together to send to Nik or via Paypal to you guys. Very sorry to hear about his stroke; does anyone know the severity?

With prayers,

Dan

This is the saddest thing I have ever read on the boards, I didnt hear about this until now. Nik is a great human being, and is someone I hold in the highest regard. My thoughts and prayers go out to him and his family, and really do hope to see him recover quickly. Nik is a good man with the heart of a warrior. I hope to see him back here soon.

Seriously, this is just very sad news. I will see what I can scrape together to send.

Pat-

This morning I told Ellen about Nik's condition, as best I could to a 5 year old anyways. She listened quietly, and asked questions. Then we said a prayer for Nik and his family.

Ellen has spoken with Nik many times on the phone, sang him happy birthday, even called him a dork. She basically knows Nik as the guy who gave her comics and art. So typical of Ellen, she wanted to make him a card. As she drew the card she kept saying "Poor Nikos, I bet he needs bandages"

DSC08078.jpg

inside.jpg

back-1.jpg

I have no idea if this kind of stuff helps in the big scheme of things, but it sure as heck can't hurt to have the power of a little girls love pulling for you.

Could somebody please PM me with the Hospital address and room # so I can mail this to Nik.

Thanks, and get well Nik

This morning I told Ellen about Nik's condition, as best I could to a 5 year old anyways. She listened quietly, and asked questions. Then we said a prayer for Nik and his family.

Ellen has spoken with Nik many times on the phone, sang him happy birthday, even called him a dork. She basically knows Nik as the guy who gave her comics and art. So typical of Ellen, she wanted to make him a card. As she drew the card she kept saying "Poor Nikos, I bet he needs bandages"

DSC08078.jpg

inside.jpg

back-1.jpg

I have no idea if this kind of stuff helps in the big scheme of things, but it sure as heck can't hurt to have the power of a little girls love pulling for you.

Could somebody please PM me with the Hospital address and room # so I can mail this to Nik.

Thanks, and get well Nik

Kenny,

Don't underestimate what this would mean for Nik and his family. Heck, it's not for me and I got all teary eyed over it.

DSC08078.jpg

inside.jpg

back-1.jpg

Thanks, and get well Nik

Kenny,

Don't underestimate what this would mean for Nik and his family. Heck, it's not for me and I got all teary eyed over it.

+1

DSC08078.jpg

inside.jpg

back-1.jpg

Thanks, and get well Nik

That's a real sweet kid you've got there, Ze. :)