• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Iron Man #55- Image attached

13 posts in this topic

Hi, I have a nice copy IM#55. Would probably CGC rate at 8.0, but it is missing a small piece ( about the size of a pencil eraser) of the corner of the back cover. How much do you think they will down grade for that ?

http://community.webshots.com/s/image9/9/93/93/109999393PEzntJ_ph.jpg

http://community.webshots.com/s/image9/9/94/33/109999433CTZXdw_ph.jpg

If the links don't work, look at the attachments.

Thanks

358413-Save0019.jpg.a7ffe9bcb7f016b51ef78fe926465f93.jpg

358413-back.jpg

From the back I'd guess it is somewhere in the 3.0 - 8.0 range.

Front cover scans are much better. smirk.gif

But it looks like you have QP (quality of prodution) problems. frown.gif

There is no scan of the front but I would guess in the 3.5 to 4.5 range, maybe a 5.0 on a good day at CGC ( if the front is better then anticipated.) I know that may seem low but you have a 1/2 square missing from the back, it is off center, there is writing on the back, and there is some soiling (foxing?) With all those factors and the anticipated condition of the front cover, CGC would hit it within that range.

Tom

Did you see the FF 3 on eBay with the piece out of the back getting a 7.5? foreheadslap.gif

But that was a Winnipeg copy and maybe it got "special treatment". blush.gif

Link: huh?

Did you see the FF 3 on eBay with the piece out of the back getting a 7.5? foreheadslap.gif

Are you sure that is a chunk missing? It almost looks like printers ink, especially since I see something on the same spot on the front. Could be a shadow , hard to tell. If it is a chunk ( which the more I look at the more I think you are correct) , I would have given the book 5.5 at best. Book is definitely not a 7.5 and I think you are right about the Winnepeg pedigree treatment. Also, something does not look quite right about the staples - replaced or cleaned?

I agree. I think that's bleed from a distributors mark. Which is good, 'cause even without a chunk missing that's an unattractive 7.5.

Oh, and judging from the back cover only, I think the Iron Man 55 (If that's truly what it is... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif... grin.gif) would be lucky to get into the fine range. Not worth submitting.

Even without the chunk/mark to the upper back and front covers, that is a very weak 7.5. Soft corners, creased spine, edge chips... Probably scored as well as it did because it's clean and bright.

Structurally 7.0 at best IMHO.

while the back cover certainly has it's issues, with the writing, missing chunk and very obvious mis-wrap, the front cover seems much nicer and better than perhaps anticipated. while it's true that the scan lops off about half of the total edging, if the missing part is as nice as what's visible, i'd call this a fine 6.0.

having said that, i'm not sure it would be worth slabbing as the cost would require you to sell for about 2x guide to break even. (all IMO) 893scratchchin-thumb.gif