• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Future of Comics...Hunter #1

23 posts in this topic

Who says kids today do not read comics.

My wife is a 5th grade teacher and has several boys in her class that not only read comics but they also make their own comics. They have created a hero of their own called Hunter, and I have been lucky enough to get scans of the first issue. Okay, the cover says its issue "%1", but they are just 10 years old so cut them some slack.

The art, story lines, and formatting were all done by 10 year olds. There was no adult assistance whatsoever.

Sorry about the image quality, but these are from scans of photo copies of the original art work that was done with number 2 pencils on printer paper.

The cover to Hunter "%1"

hunter1.jpg

Page 1

hunter2.jpg

I love the way they have tried fit the story and art into comic style panels.

I have the rest of the story if anyone is interested, its only a few more pages. In the rest of the story the Hypnotizer calls forth his gang of Ninjas to fight Hunter.

Let me know your thoughts.....

very cool, thanks!!

When I was 8 or 9, I would take my comics and "copy" them by looking at the panels and re-creating the comic. Believe it or not, I also created my own comics with notebook paper, featuring some of my favorite monsters.

Much better than Rob Liefeld was at that age.

Hell...much better than Rob Liefeld at ANY age.

893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

This kid has skills. (Not Rob Liefeld)

(archnemesis looks a tad like Doc Strange!)

893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif RINGLEADER 893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif

that would be the ringMASTER, no?

I just checked (Hulk 3 is one of my all time favorite non-key early Marvels).

RINGMASTER!

I think he showed up in later Silver-Age issues as the Circus Master (or something like that) too.

He was a lower level villain I think that pestered Daredevil and Spiderman a few times. I don't have those issues but read some reprints once...

I love it. Post the rest - the archnemesis (!) was just gonna use that hypobeam! (archnemesis looks a tad like Doc Strange!)

Page 2 (for some reason this was only done on half of the page.. confused-smiley-013.gif)

hunter3.jpg

Page 3

hunter4.jpg

There is only one page left...what will happen to Hunter?....will he defeat the Ninjas?

Tune in next time to find out... devil.gif

grin.gif

Gotta love that simple panel "Let's Fight!" Most eloquent! What happens next???!!!!! thumbsup2.gif

Page 4: The conclusion. Fast, swift, and to the point.

hunter5.jpg

Apparently, it only takes one panel to cover "Let's Fight!"

I guess the creative team realizes the futility in self publication. They have changed their focus from creator owned pursuits to a more widely accepted property, they are currently finishing up production on a Spider-Man comic. I am sure that I will get to read that one as well, perhaps I will post it here when they are done.

I hope everyone who checked it out thought that this was as cool as I did. thumbsup2.gif

grin.gif

There will be no #2

Word has it that DC purchased the rights and the creator is contracted for 12 books this year. Hunter will be introduced into the DC with a Hunter/Firestorm crossover (Elseworlds) this spring.

Yep, I was so that the obvious link was missed, that I musta typed too quickly.

confused.gif I don't think it is such an obvious link to someone who specializes in pre-code horror and hasn't read anything newer than the ocassional horror BA since the mid-80's.