• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A couple questions about San Diego and the Con.

6 posts in this topic

First, I spent about 10 minutes going over the site, but can't find what time the place opens so you can pick up your badge. Looks like the hall opens at 10am? But can you get your badge before, if so what time?

Second, anyone from the San Diego area? I remember seeing on the Food Channel or Travel Channel a place that is a must if you're in San Diego. Now I can't recall if it was a Mexican Fast Food stand or a Burger stand as it was a year or two ago I saw it. But it said there is usually a line and the place is famous. I recall it wasn't in downtown though. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

thanks,

First, I spent about 10 minutes going over the site, but can't find what time the place opens so you can pick up your badge. Looks like the hall opens at 10am? But can you get your badge before, if so what time?

Second, anyone from the San Diego area? I remember seeing on the Food Channel or Travel Channel a place that is a must if you're in San Diego. Now I can't recall if it was a Mexican Fast Food stand or a Burger stand as it was a year or two ago I saw it. But it said there is usually a line and the place is famous. I recall it wasn't in downtown though. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

thanks,

Food/Travel channel - two places I recall seeing

Tioli's Crazy Burger - best kangaroo and alligator burgers in town, at least I assume.

I can't remember the name of the taco joint - however El Zarape tends to win the best fish taco contests locally.

Thanks, appreciate the post. I don't think it was either of those though. But I'll have to check those out one day. The show wasn't with Guy hosting it. Think it was something like top 10 ? joints in the U.S. was more likely on Travel Channel (which is owned by the same company so might have been on both).