• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's that one book that you cannot let go?

131 posts in this topic

396px-Batman_400.jpg

I should start a thread about the things I know about Diggler. You BM 400 horder you! I still need to pick that book up one day.

I need to replace the one I bought off the rack BITD. I sold it during my Great Batman Purge of '92. :cry:

Batman 300 - '92 Current (including lots of other Joker appearances including 251)

Detective 500 - '92 Current (including lots of other Joker appearances)

(most of these books off the rack or in the 3 fer $1 box before the '89 movie)

..for pull list books..

:tonofbricks:

Only One Book in my collection I would not sell for pretty much any Price, and that is my Conan the Barbarian #1

Not because of Monetary value as it is probably only worth 100.00 or so, but because it was a First year anniversary gift from my wife. 25 years ago I dropped all kinds of hints to my wife how much I loved that comic!! It was a lot of money for us at the time I think she paid 65.00 or so. But the real measure of her love was the fact she braved the stinky Comic store and fought off the advances of hordes of Geeks to buy this for me!! She allways hated Comic stores but she would grudgingly go with me since it was my thing!! The fact she went on her own to surprise me meant a lot, and still does!!

scan0037.jpg

Trade you My Conan the Barbarian for your Evel!!! (thumbs u

:jokealert:

That is waaaay!!! cool!

Man I remember as a kid being so excited waiting for Saturday, or Was it Sunday?, for the Next Big Jump!!!

That Guy had Ballllz!!!

I'll never be without a Showcase #22 .. but I'm not entirely attached to the one I own now. If I upgraded, I would sell the one I currently have. But, the first Hal Jordan appearance will never be absent from my collection!

I will also never be without GSXM 1, X-Men #94-144. Selling undercopies.

However, one specific book I would never sell is ... ya, I know, "whaaa??" ... my copy of Nightcrawler limited series #1. WTF?? Ya, well, when I got back into comics in '85 I saw that book and picked it up thinking "Oh look, a #1." I then picked up X-Men 199 because "The blue guy's head is on the upper left, humm." Which lead to X-Men/Alpha Flight for the same reason .. which crossed over with New Mutants Special .. which led to ...

:)

Not worth much, but worth a heck of a lot.

My WBN run.....my TOD run.....my GR run......my Man Thing run.....my Monster of Frankenstein run......my Supernatural Thrillers run......my Conan run.........and my Marvel GS run. These were the books of my childhood being born in 1967, and I just love having the entire Marvel BA Horror Collection in HG raw to browse through on occasion :cloud9:

One book? I have hundreds... my Uncanny X-Men are MINEMINEMINEMINEMINE!!! From #171 to #470-something, I bought every one new and off the rack. Same with "regular" X-Men from #1 to right at #180.

I have parts of my collection that will only see light to be read too. But I am talking about the book that you reluctantly pull from the box and when the time comes to actually go and list it, you go what am I thinking.

That's how I feel about all of them. I am going on a year without a job, yet only lately have I even thought about selling my X-Men (my SA stuff got no response.)

Aside from the ones given to me as gifts, I can't reconcile in my head to sell them. They are MY "pedigree," the older ones (in that number range)I bought while walking home from school instead of taking the bus, just so I could stop by the drugstore to get my comics.

I know none are irreplaceable, but they are more than mine, they are mine.

paddedcell.gif

-slym

I'm with you on that one...there's a ton of my original owner copies that I won't be letting go of barring some sort of disaster :applause:

Only One Book in my collection I would not sell for pretty much any Price, and that is my Conan the Barbarian #1

Not because of Monetary value as it is probably only worth 100.00 or so, but because it was a First year anniversary gift from my wife. 25 years ago I dropped all kinds of hints to my wife how much I loved that comic!! It was a lot of money for us at the time I think she paid 65.00 or so. But the real measure of her love was the fact she braved the stinky Comic store and fought off the advances of hordes of Geeks to buy this for me!! She allways hated Comic stores but she would grudgingly go with me since it was my thing!! The fact she went on her own to surprise me meant a lot, and still does!!

scan0037.jpg

Nice (thumbs u

One book? I have hundreds... my Uncanny X-Men are MINEMINEMINEMINEMINE!!! From #171 to #470-something, I bought every one new and off the rack. Same with "regular" X-Men from #1 to right at #180.

I have parts of my collection that will only see light to be read too. But I am talking about the book that you reluctantly pull from the box and when the time comes to actually go and list it, you go what am I thinking.

That's how I feel about all of them. I am going on a year without a job, yet only lately have I even thought about selling my X-Men (my SA stuff got no response.)

Aside from the ones given to me as gifts, I can't reconcile in my head to sell them. They are MY "pedigree," the older ones (in that number range)I bought while walking home from school instead of taking the bus, just so I could stop by the drugstore to get my comics.

I know none are irreplaceable, but they are more than mine, they are mine.

paddedcell.gif

-slym

I'm with you on that one...there's a ton of my original owner copies that I won't be letting go of barring some sort of disaster :applause:

Like this one...

pun198.jpg

Not quite as cool as Brian's with the head sketch, but still my OO copy :applause:

scan0037.jpg

Nice (thumbs u

awesome story to go with it

Beautiful book but an even beautiful story that is attached to it.

Yes, great book and story, when I was putting my TOD run together back when we were still in Raleigh and before we had kids, I told my wife that the LCS there had a really nice #4 and #6, but I'd have to wait to get them and hope they would still be there since they would not hold books. Needless to say, when I went back, the were gone, and as luck would have it, I kept getting snipped on Ebay when trying to find two HG copies. So, Christmas rolls around and while opening the presents, she hands me a shirt box and says......don't shake it. Well, I open it up, and there they are in all their VFNM brillance......she snuck over to the LCS and bought them for me the day after I said I'd have to wait to try and purchase them with next month's comic fund money.

Yes, great book and story, when I was putting my TOD run together back when we were still in Raleigh and before we had kids, I told my wife that the LCS there had a really nice #4 and #6, but I'd have to wait to get them and hope they would still be there since they would not hold books. Needless to say, when I went back, the were gone, and as luck would have it, I kept getting snipped on Ebay when trying to find two HG copies. So, Christmas rolls around and while opening the presents, she hands me a shirt box and says......don't shake it. Well, I open it up, and there they are in all their VFNM brillance......she snuck over to the LCS and bought them for me the day after I said I'd have to wait to try and purchase them with next month's comic fund money.

Cool Story!! Women can be very perceptive! :cloud9:

I like how she new enough about the Hobby to be sure to tell you not to shake the Box!!!

scan0037.jpg

Awesome story...and a great comic to boot :applause:

Well I've posted it only about 100 times and had to let it go once before but I'm glad its back in my possession. To me this is what GA collecting is all about, great character, super cover and story and rarer than hen's teeth. :cloud9:

Cacwt74raw.jpg

now that hands down is the best/coolest book ive seen on this forum....