• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's that one book that you cannot let go?

131 posts in this topic

Anyway, in light of everything that is happening here, I thought a fun thread about that one book you cannot part with would take everyone's mind off of things. So what's yours?

Detective #469 in FINE

It is the only comic my grandfather (on my dad's side) ever bought for me.

He bought it in 1977 when I was 8 years old.

He died in 1981.

It is the ONLY thing that I still own that he ever gave me.

I wouldn't take $10,000 for it if someone offered it

Here it is:

post_04.jpg

Anyway, in light of everything that is happening here, I thought a fun thread about that one book you cannot part with would take everyone's mind off of things. So what's yours?

Detective #469 in FINE

He died in 1981.

Here it is:

post_04.jpg

It's still in great condition too for being eight when you received it. Thanks for sharing that story. For me, it is a stuffed reindeer that my dad got me when I was around 6. I still have it and put it out every Christmas. Although it now looks like a drunk reindeer.

Guess it would have to be this version of Detective Comics #561. Just love that iconic Batman & Robin cover!

Zellers002_edited.jpg

Also, I'd have a hard time parting with this issue of Brave and the Bold (#88). The Batman team-ups with the non-Super Powered heroes like Wildcat, Sgt. Rock or Green Arrow have always been my favorite! The nifty Neal Adams cover is a bonus as well.

eBaycomics2296_edited.jpg

Archie #1 CGC 4.0...Unless I win the 7.0 in next months Heritage Auction, then I'll happily say goodbye for an updrage.

So much for sentimental value. :baiting:

Good luck with the auction.

I'm more sentimental over my Jughead #1 I guess, but eh, I tried! :insane:

Detective #469 in FINE

He died in 1981.

Here it is:

post_04.jpg

It's still in great condition too for being eight when you received it. Thanks for sharing that story. For me, it is a stuffed reindeer that my dad got me when I was around 6. I still have it and put it out every Christmas. Although it now looks like a drunk reindeer.

It spent the first 5 years of its life without a bag and a board.

I took care of my stuff as a kid.

I just bought this issue in CGC 9.8 from a board member recently and it reminded me of my original copy.

Detective #469 in FINE

He died in 1981.

Here it is:

It spent the first 5 years of its life without a bag and a board.

I took care of my stuff as a kid.

I just bought this issue in CGC 9.8 from a board member recently and it reminded me of my original copy.

You are lucky. I have very little that survived my childhood. Most of what did not get trashed from playing with got sold by my entrepreneur sister to neighborhood kids.