• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's that one book that you cannot let go?

131 posts in this topic

With me its two books that I could never let go but then again never is a long time :insane:

005-7.jpg

I think you should sell me that #15.. (thumbs u

You can really see the difference between the two cases with that angle, with the newer one on the left and being slightly more blue. Nice books...

There are two books in my collection that I could never, ever part with. Since the first time I layed eyes on one in my LCS as a kid, I drempt of the day I would own an X-Men #1...when they day came I knew I could never, ever part with it. The second book was Hulk #181...I never really seemed to have all the dough together at any one time to buy a copy, so my wife bought my a graded copy for my 30th Birthday...she's a keeper...lol.

I hope to upgrade both someday, but I'll have two of each because those two books have more sentimental value to me that almost anything else I own...

Mine would be the absolutely stunning copy of Amazing Spider-Man #50, 1st appearance of the Kingpin.

My brother purchased it for me as a gift for standing in his wedding back in the early 1990's.

I'm not sure how much he paid for it back then from a dealer in Toronto but I'm sure he paid several hundred for it.

And before anyone asks....no, I'm not slabbing it.

No, it's not for sale.

So is it for sale? :baiting:

lol

I will never slab this book nor will I ever part with it...probably have my kids throw this one in my casket...purchased this one for 50-cents in 1971 from a fanzine ad...it is MEANT to remain my book forever... :headbang:

FANTASTICFOUR1VG-qOW.jpg

I have a similar story about an FF #1 but mine is not a happy ending.

Back in the mid-1970's my dad brought my two older brothers and I to a comic store in Toronto.

We each had our own $20 to spend on comics.

The dealer had a "NM" copy of FF #1 on display and for sale for $100. It was indeed high grade and the original.

I tried to convince my brothers to pool our money and borrow another $40 from our dad to buy the FF #1.

But...no dice.

I walked out of there with a pile of comics that I spent $20 on and no FF#1. :mad:

I will never slab this book nor will I ever part with it...probably have my kids throw this one in my casket...purchased this one for 50-cents in 1971 from a fanzine ad...it is MEANT to remain my book forever... :headbang:

FANTASTICFOUR1VG-qOW.jpg

I have a similar story about an FF #1 but mine is not a happy ending.

Back in the mid-1970's my dad brought my two older brothers and I to a comic store in Toronto.

We each had our own $20 to spend on comics.

The dealer had a "NM" copy of FF #1 on display and for sale for $100. It was indeed high grade and the original.

I tried to convince my brothers to pool our money and borrow another $40 from our dad to buy the FF #1.

But...no dice.

I walked out of there with a pile of comics that I spent $20 on and no FF#1. :mad:

You may have dodged a bullet there: Three Men and a Comic Book.

FANTASTICFOUR1VG-qOW.jpg

That was a great deal even then. Rogofsky was listing it for at least 20 bucks then. My FF 1 is also a keeper, though I wouldn't mind an upgrade. I still can't believe I finally have one....it was a real Zen moment when I finally got it. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

For me it's this one. My mom bought this for me when I was 10, and I have had it ever since. :cloud9: It's the only thing I have held onto that long.

3305154211_0c141df2b8_o.jpg

You got this from your mother, at age 10, and still have it?

hm

This explains a lot . . . .

:baiting:

:roflmao: