• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Miracleman Miracle?

12 posts in this topic

Has anyone heard (and can you verify) that Marvel has indeed acquired the rights to Miracleman from Eclipse?? I heard this was announced at the SDCC...

If so, that's just pretty freaking huge news.

Well, you know Moore will never go work for them.

But, Gaiman....he did 1602 for Marvel, so I assume he'd work for them on this. Finish up the Silver Age Arc. Maybe even Dark Age Arc. :wishluck: :wishluck: :wishluck:

But, we'll probably end up seeing Ultimate Marvelman Red instead.

Well, you know Moore will never go work for them.

But, Gaiman....he did 1602 for Marvel, so I assume he'd work for them on this. Finish up the Silver Age Arc. Maybe even Dark Age Arc. :wishluck: :wishluck: :wishluck:

But, we'll probably end up seeing Ultimate Marvelman Red instead.

hahaha, plus he'll join the avengers, dark avengers, light avengers and team up with wolverine or spiderman every issue

Gaiman did 1602 to raise funds for his court battle.

Marvel apparently said if they won the rights they would let Gaiman finish the story off and return him to his true mane of Marvel Man.

If this is the case i am officially EXCITED.

Uh, from what I've read, all that is certain is that Marvel can reprint the 1950s / 1960s Marvelman material, and obviously do new covers and promotional material for the reprints (e.g. the Quesada image from SDCC). Marvel said they were "talking" with the rights holders for the Warrior/Eclipse 1980s material, including Moore and Gaiman, but those rights holders certainly would also include the various artists and Lord knows who else at this point (McFarlane? (shrug) )