• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Information about the auctions for Nik and his family

81 posts in this topic

Just pay and dont worry about it. It is better to have the money minus the fees than have nothing at all.

Sure, and I would have personally left out that segment for Paypal, but I'm not one to step on any toes in a case like this.

Nik has always been cool by me. (thumbs u

You can step on my toes anytime, Vince;) I'm a Libra...I'll forget about it 5 minutes later;)

besides, sometimes you even come up with a useful suggestion...:baiting: that's what PMs are for;)

Hey. My wife is a Libra. I once read that Libra's are very accident prone. She is for sure. Always cutting herself doing the dishes, or gardening. Does it describe you?

I'm going to break ranks and state that I disagree with any hijacking of existing sales threads, no matter how valid the reason. It's still against board policy, and I think we need to respect EVERYONE'S rights on here, not steamroll existing sales threads because we feel it's "the right thing to do".

The correct thing to do would be to PM these forum members and ask nicely if they would include a link to Nik's auctions.

Dear Lord I agree with JC again

Just pay and dont worry about it. It is better to have the money minus the fees than have nothing at all.

Sure, and I would have personally left out that segment for Paypal, but I'm not one to step on any toes in a case like this.

You can step on my toes anytime, Vince;) I'm a Libra...I'll forget about it 5 minutes later;)

besides, sometimes you even come up with a useful suggestion...:baiting: that's what PMs are for;)

Hey. My wife is a Libra. I once read that Libra's are very accident prone. She is for sure. Always cutting herself doing the dishes, or gardening. Does it describe you?

No, not at all, lol...My daughter says I'm too easy going,but that's about it...I suffer from being practical..it's the scales;)

I'm going to break ranks and state that I disagree with any hijacking of existing sales threads, no matter how valid the reason. It's still against board policy, and I think we need to respect EVERYONE'S rights on here, not steamroll existing sales threads because we feel it's "the right thing to do".

The correct thing to do would be to PM these forum members and ask nicely if they would include a link to Nik's auctions.

Is that the 5th of 6th sign?

No, not at all, lol...My daughter says I'm too easy going,but that's about it...I suffer from being practical..it's the scales;)

How practical can you be? You collect comic books :roflmao:

Is that the 5th of 6th sign?

I think it either the 7th sign or the 666th sign.. Either way it cant be good

We can ask, nothing more than ask for others to suspend sales threads. And we also need to not hold it against anyone who does.

I agree Arex, I think things will work themselves out just fine once the auctions are listed. The last thing I would want is ill will towards people posting or buying in seperate sales threads.

And I think we would all agree Nik wouldn't want that either.

Well, I did help put her through college with them ...:baiting:;) and beanie babies;) that was why I did Ebay;) to help with tuition...

and I agree with Vince, too... (thumbs u

We can ask, nothing more than ask for others to suspend sales threads. And we also need to not hold it against anyone who does.

I agree Arex, I think things will work themselves out just fine once the auctions are listed. The last thing I would want is ill will towards people posting or buying in seperate sales threads.

And I think we would all agree Nik wouldn't want that either.

Great points. I'd hate for anyone who continues to sell to feel like they are being blackballed or shunned because they didnt stop their sales threads. Or even to get PM's from others who didnt agree with their decision.

I'd like to say that I also agree with Joe, again, and it really pains me no end to be sure.

I'd also like to request that someone put up a HG copy of Doom Patrol 88 or 90 - raw or slabbed - so I can spend some real money in this thing

Well, I did help put her through college with them ...:baiting:;) and beanie babies;) that was why I did Ebay;) to help with tuition...

and I agree with Vince, too... (thumbs u

Ah, Beanie Babies. McDonalds is doing them again right now, with the Happy Meals. I would not suggest anyone "go for them" though. They are dead.

I'd like to say that I also agree with Joe, again, and it really pains me no end to be sure.

I'd also like to request that someone put up a HG copy of Doom Patrol 88 or 90 - raw or slabbed - so I can spend some real money in this thing

Make that a #120 and I'll bid high :grin:

Well, I finally got around to perusing the current auction listings and found two books that I'm going to bid on w/ the full understanding that they're most likely going to end up selling for more than I can swing. Regardless, I will go down swinging!

And Vince, you're probably closer to my typical approach on this as this time I "feel" more inclined towards making an exception (as I would if it were any other member like Nik). PM or a friendly post in the thread is fine. But please don't mistake me for advocating shutting other people down--not at all my intention.

Sharon, I'm looking forward to the auctions as much as everyone else, and am expecting this to run smoothly based on the way everyone here has worn their heart on their sleeves for Nik and his family. If you need a backup plan for any reason, I set-up an experimental auction site some time ago that you are more than welcome to administer if needed. It's about as close to cloning eBay as it gets in terms of functionality, minus the fees.

(thumbs u

Thanks, we'll be fine, we have some terrific people helping...I just added a few more books, it's hard to say no. I'll have the first post up at around 6, 6:30, so people can link it...and that's NY time;) (EDT, not EST ...Shin is teaching me;)

Bump for a good cause. Please stop by and bid.

As a tip for easier viewing:

Tip to all: Change your "Display Options" at the bottom of the page on the Auction thread list to "Sort By:

Thread Start Time" - "Ascending" in order to view the auctions in numerical order.