• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stuff of Legend #1

240 posts in this topic

I bought the one today at LCS

I thought the story was AWSOME

I just read my copy and I can't believe what an awesome story this was. Book 2 is going to be just as cool. Now if I could only find a copy in high grade.

Did everyone see what the 2 Boogeymans sold for?? There was not 1 first print in the whole Chicago show. Some guy had a few of the Larry's Editions and that was it. Most modern dealers I asked never even heard of it.

I picked up a couple of the Larry's Editions for $10 - think I saw them at three booths or something similar. But, yeah, I didn't see a regular #1 either.

Hadn't heard about this book, and have been ignoring this thread. But my LCS had a FCBD copy sitting by the register for $10, so I was curious but not enough to ask about it or look for the regular issue. I had to go to another shop for something else and saw they had a copy of #1 sitting out still, so I picked it up, even though it was a little beat up and $5 cover price. Glad I did. Like someone else said, it's similar to Toy Story in that a little boy's toys have their own secret life and won't be animated when a human's around. But it's also sort of crossed with Fables in that it's tone is grim and there's a great adversary in the Boogeyman in the Dark of the closet. Very solid story, beautiful art, I can see this being a big hit inside comics and out. Can't wait for future issues, and strongly consider forking over the money for the FCBD issue for completeness. If they still have it.

Great book, and if anyone needs one i saw that mycomicshop.com still has them in stock.

Be forewarned, that if their stock for their online store is in anything like the shape of their brick-and-mortar stores, this book wont be in the best of shape. That's not aimed at them, but at the copies of this specific book. I went to 4 of their locations trying to find HG copies and they were all pretty beat up. Looked like an issue from Diamond though.