• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Things That [!@#%^&^] Me Off Thread

256 posts in this topic

Now this is what I LOVE about these boards. Thanks to everyone who gave me five stars (I thoroughly deserve them, in fact I'd feel more comfortable with thirty stars in my rating), and I'm sorry I missed the last 8 pages of this Love-in. You're all Starmakers.

And speaking of things that I fricking loathe, this rather apt song from the Kids From Fame. Anyone remember this?

Starmaker, dreambreaker, we're happy now, oh so happy now......................

I hate people that repeatedly quote without editing, so I have to scrawl through 12 inches of repeats just to get to one silly graemlin. I also hate people that misspell gremlin. I also hate people who know how many s's there are in misspell, cause I don't.

Yep. No arguments. On a vaguely similar theme.......

Another thing that pis.ses me off about ebay auctions has to be illiteracy. Not that a seller who has no idea about grammar, syntax, sentence structure, spelling etc. is necessarily useless. But it doesn't exactly build confidence if they write as they speak, i.e. rambling and incoherently. Get a dictionary for chrissakes. Even worse is when such arrested blurb is coupled with lack of knowledge and a need to hype, such as when the seller informs us that:

1) This comic, because it's old, will rise in value because there's a superhero movie (doesn't matter which) coming out.

2) The comic is Mint.

3) The comic is nice for it's age.

4) It's rare.

5) It's a collector's item.

6) This is a once in a lifetime opportunity.

7) It's a first/original printing.

8) It'll be sent to you with a bag and backing board. (And?)

9) The book is Hot.

People who write 20 paragraphs of information including the history of the comic on a comic auction worth 3 bucks. Save your energy.

People trying to sell a NM comic without supersizing boths sides.

Private auctions. Who are you kidding. Shillarama

"YOu have 3 days to pay" Do the weekends count.

90% of the sellers/ebayers who won't respond to my email for a scan.

"My scanner is broke"

I could go on forerver.

And lastly how does Stockwizard live with himself.

] Not if you pay for the item if you end up winning it! I make all my "shills" pay for their winnings! Ask bonds25 how he felt about winning my Kamandi 1 CGC 9.2!

mad.gif

sorry.gif

What I really hate is when you dink boardmembers just hit the "quote" button without cleaning out the quote, and I have to scroll down have a page just to see your quote! makepoint.gif
confused.gif

Khaos, you're dreamy! cloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gif

Just doing my part to promote peace and harmony, Wonder Tot! flowerred.gifangel.gif

What the hell have you done for me lately? tonofbricks.gif

I haven't posted the contents of the nigh-relentless barrage of PMs that I get from you?

893scratchchin-thumb.gif893whatthe.gifblush.gif

Sure...post ablue's but not mine. Mine aren't offensive enough for you? Do I have to pick it up another notch on the shock meter! Which member of your family can I insult the next time? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

INSULT?!?!? More like 893censored-thumb.gif893censored-thumb.gif in your 893censored-thumb.gif893censored-thumb.gif!

You know you like it! 893censored-thumb.gif

Don't make me remove those 893censored-thumb.gif s!

That does it! I challenge you to a face to face meeting! devil.gif

"Challenge"?? What's going to happen? Are we going to duke it out Kirk-style? The loser gets eaten?

COME TO KC, BEYOTCH! I DARE YOU. ('House? You come too. If Greggy's going to eat someone and wear his skin, it should be you. You're tallest. It would be like a coat with tails for our short-panted friend.)

Bring it on!!! 893blahblah.gif

Sorry guys, after hearing all the complaints about the "multi-quote" responses, I just couldn't resist. hi.gif

Rick

Khaos, you're dreamy! cloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gif

Just doing my part to promote peace and harmony, Wonder Tot! flowerred.gifangel.gif

I haven't posted the contents of the nigh-relentless barrage of PMs that I get from you?

Sure...post ablue's but not mine. Mine aren't offensive enough for you? Do I have to pick it up another notch on the shock meter! Which member of your family can I insult the next time? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

INSULT?!?!? More like 893censored-thumb.gif893censored-thumb.gif in your 893censored-thumb.gif893censored-thumb.gif!

"Challenge"?? What's going to happen? Are we going to duke it out Kirk-style? The loser gets eaten?

COME TO KC, BEYOTCH! I DARE YOU. ('House? You come too. If Greggy's going to eat someone and wear his skin, it should be you. You're tallest. It would be like a coat with tails for our short-panted friend.)

Sorry guys, after hearing all the complaints about the "multi-quote" responses, I just couldn't resist. hi.gif

Rick

893frustrated.gif

Rick

893frustrated.gif

devil.gif

So now I'm back down to 2...& greggy's still at 3?!

893naughty-thumb.gif

Whatsamatta, you lame-ohs can't knock me down to 1? I spit on your graves!

Buncha numbnutz...

boo.gif

Rick

I got ya back to 3. gossip.gif

Rick

893frustrated.gif

devil.gif

I'm sorry, I missed that. What was that about not edting quotes?