• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

If you could pick one 1980s cover....

80s cover you would take  

264 members have voted

1. 1. 80s cover you would take

75 posts in this topic

TMNT # 1 .. 'Nuff Said.

unbelievable book, but for me the cover art on the first issue isn't strong enough to make it my pick, although I can understand why others would like it

Where's the G.I. Joe #21??? :o

I went with Daredevil #181 - my favorite issue of all-time. The cover is simple, but dramatic, though it's really all about the nostalgia with that one. :luhv:

I'm surprised that TMNT #1 got so many votes - unlike most of the others, that one was actually available not that long ago! For a modest sum, of course. :yeahok:

X-Men 234 :luhv:

You aren't allowed to vote if you were born after the decade in question. :baiting:

:jokealert:

C

I'm surprised that TMNT #1 got so many votes - unlike most of the others, that one was actually available not that long ago! For a modest sum, of course. :yeahok:

Yeah, but you had to buy all of the interior art with it, which made it a tad pricey.

Another great list of covers. I went with DKR #1. The OA to that has got to be even more spare than the published version. But that's the one I'd want most out of that list.

I like the MIRACLEMAN #1 cover better than the #15, and I think SWAMP THING #34 is the best of that run.

I would have had more independents on the list, including GROO #1 (Pacific Comics OR Epic), the aforementioned LOVE AND ROCKETS #1, MR. MONSTER #3 (Dave Stevens cover...hell, just about any Stevens cover), AMERICAN FLAGG #1 (have found #1 and #2 and sadly, both are incomplete in OA form), and for me, NEXUS #1 (v.2).

Oh yeah, for Marvel and DC, NEW TEEN TITANS #1 (v.1) and CLASSIC X-MEN #1.

Another great list of covers. I went with DKR #1. The OA to that has got to be even more spare than the published version. But that's the one I'd want most out of that list.

I like the MIRACLEMAN #1 cover better than the #15, and I think SWAMP THING #34 is the best of that run.

I would have had more independents on the list, including GROO #1 (Pacific Comics OR Epic), the aforementioned LOVE AND ROCKETS #1, MR. MONSTER #3 (Dave Stevens cover...hell, just about any Stevens cover), AMERICAN FLAGG #1 (have found #1 and #2 and sadly, both are incomplete in OA form), and for me, NEXUS #1 (v.2).

Oh yeah, for Marvel and DC, NEW TEEN TITANS #1 (v.1) and CLASSIC X-MEN #1.

I thought about most of those... they are fantastic covers, and I'd love to have them but ultimately I just didn't think any of them were popular enough to have a chance of winning against a more mainstream book like hulk 340 or turtles 1. Wouldn't you agree? I mean I doubt more than a handful of guys on this board have even read love & rockets for example.... I was pretty heavily into independents and yet its one I never did try. So while it and books like it might get some votes it was never going to wear the championship belt, I didn't think (shrug)

I almost went with that also. That frickin cover is burned into my brain :) I remember recreating the cover myself with pencil/ink as a twelve year old.

You're an evil man Dan! Great group you've listed.

When it's all said and done, I think I'd go with Dark Knight #1.

Evil? Who me? :devil:

you're a man of impeccable taste Matt.