• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

If you could pick one 1970s cover....

the 1970s cover you would take  

225 members have voted

1. 1. the 1970s cover you would take

57 posts in this topic

Those are all great covers.

A personal favorite that has zero historical significance, but is just damn cool: SUPERMAN #233.

can't believe I left that one off doh!

I enjoyed doing the 80s one so much I thought I'd try 70s as well. So.........

money aside - if you could have the cover to any 1970s comic book, what would it be?

Having weighed all the pros and cons... I would have to say.. Hulk 181... but ASM 129 and Tec 400 and GL 76 and Spotlight 5... jeez there's a lot of choices lol would be honorary mentions.

-------

I'm sure I'm missing a lot of good candidates but I've just done 25 off the top of my head.... write in votes and/or comments are welcome

What's the basis for picking? Historical significance? Nostalgic significance? Artistic merit? Value that I could immediately sell it for?

If it's a combination of all of the above, then the clear hands down winner for me is GL #76.

Basis for picking is whatever you want it to be... except value... this isn't meant as a pricing thread... just as a... if you could have any cover free but you couldn't resell it type scenario.

Not this one...where is that arm with the dagger

coming from?sheesh

I actually really like that cover. I always figured the rest of the figure was behind the hulk (shrug) ?

I voted for GS X-Men 1, I love this cover, it is also historically significant to boot.

I would like to throw in Marvel Features 1, that is just a awesome 70s cover

I enjoyed doing the 80s one so much I thought I'd try 70s as well. So.........

money aside - if you could have the cover to any 1970s comic book, what would it be?

Having weighed all the pros and cons... I would have to say.. Hulk 181... but ASM 129 and Tec 400 and GL 76 and Spotlight 5... jeez there's a lot of choices lol would be honorary mentions.

-------

I'm sure I'm missing a lot of good candidates but I've just done 25 off the top of my head.... write in votes and/or comments are welcome

What's the basis for picking? Historical significance? Nostalgic significance? Artistic merit? Value that I could immediately sell it for?

If it's a combination of all of the above, then the clear hands down winner for me is GL #76.

Basis for picking is whatever you want it to be... except value... this isn't meant as a pricing thread... just as a... if you could have any cover free but you couldn't resell it type scenario.

Okay, it`s still GL #76.