• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

When life gives you lemons...

95 posts in this topic

How the hell do you deal with this?

Yesterday afternoon, my girlfriend came home and went to the back yard to let the dogs out so they could walk around the house and go in with her through the front door. Smoky, the Blue Healer, was at the gate waiting on her.

She called for Ellie, our 3 pound Teacup Yorkie, but she didn't come. She's usually at the gate waiting on her as well. Panic hit as she realized that the little girl had slipped through the fence and was loose.

She called me in hysterics because she couldn't find her. She and her daughters rallied the neighbors and went on a search through the area without luck. One neighbor said he saw her crossing the street earlier, and that a truck had to slam on his breaks to keep from hitting her. I have no idea why he didn't go pick her up and put her back in the yard. :frustrated::censored::frustrated:

The baby is nowhere to be found. I can only hope that someone picked her up and will bring her home soon. We have contacted every shelter, police station, radio station, craigslist, vet, and littered the neighborhood and local businesses with MISSING fliers.

You know...there's a lot of things a man can take, but I'll say this...it's incredible how much a little sissy dog can get in a man's heart. She was my baby. Guys, this is killing me. I'm sick to my stomach and we have no idea what to do. I feel helpless. Anne slept on the couch last night with the front door wide open in case she came home.

If you guys know of anything else we can do, I'd really appreciate the help. :cry:

83150.jpg.21b2eee42c063ba461282852eb9f6715.jpg

My kids found a cross pugs/chihuahua a few weeks ago wandering the streets.

They cared for it for a few days before they found the owners. Two little kids from the family were devastated until they found the dog.

Good luck.

:wishluck:

When I was a kid my dog was missing for four days. Really, really awful four days. Then the we got that magic call from the city. The dog catcher had caught him across the street from the police station. We always wondered how Tawny had spent his four days out on the town.

Good luck. I hope you have a happy ending, too.

I hope you get her back Dice. Did she have tags on her?

DRX

No. She wasn't wearing her collar. The tags on it are almost as big as she is.

Did you throw up any signs on street posts and such?

Maybe knock on a few doors?

Yes. The neighborhood is littered with signs. I think they knocked on every door for a 2 block radius.

Yes. The neighborhood is littered with signs.

Are the signs laminated? If not, they're gone next time it rains. Are there a picture, a phone number, and the word "lost" (or equivalent term) on the sign that are all visible from a distance of at least 10 yards, i.e. visible to anyone driving past? Biggest mistake I see on most signs is that only people walking by them can read them, which makes them effective to only 10% - 20% of the potential neighborhood audience, i.e. people who live right by the sign.