• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

savage tales #1 9.4

13 posts in this topic

I'm surprised it went that high. Not that the book isn't worth it but a very low feedback seller, horrible pic, high starting bid and a reserve. Very bad combination of factors when selling a book but he still did very well with it.

in my opinion, that is the single hardest bronze marvel key in high grade. I looked for 10 years and the best copy i found got a 9.2 from cgc. I guess that is why? i will be REALLY shocked if there are going to be more than 1 or 2 9.6's of this turning up.

not convinced that it was a true sale, the winning bidder has never purchased a comic or magazine before, its all been jewelry and beads, probably his wife. 893naughty-thumb.gif The last legit bid was $275 IMO, that fact that this goes into GPA again is why I like to track my purchases over 500 (and there arent many of them) myself and very carefully before pulling the trigger. Point is well made about the difficulty of this book though.

Well TY, right back at ya for someone with the avatar from the last issue of HOM 9_9.gif' border=0> the series I now refer to as the soon to be discovered country, hope not before I fininsh picking up my wants. Ah the art and stories on that run issue in and issue out so solid. thumbsup2.gif

hom is the king of bronze horror bar none! I still remember how destraught i was when i saw #321 on the stands 893frustrated.gif i had a few issues when i was a kid in the 70's, then in 1982 i started to pick it up monthly only to have it canceled in about 6 months frown.gif

i am starting a website devoted to horror comics, both info & sales, so i have quite a bit of HOM kicking around, let me know what issues you might want & in what shape & i'll see what i have. thumbsup2.gif

oh, whats TY?

hom is the king of bronze horror bar none! I still remember how destraught i was when i saw #321 on the stands 893frustrated.gif i had a few issues when i was a kid in the 70's, then in 1982 i started to pick it up monthly only to have it canceled in about 6 months frown.gif

i am starting a website devoted to horror comics, both info & sales, so i have quite a bit of HOM kicking around, let me know what issues you might want & in what shape & i'll see what i have. thumbsup2.gif

I've looked through my inventory--lots of books that would be NM "was it not for that one spine crease etc" but I have multiple "perceived" NM or better books that I am CGCing. I'll let you know when they return.

Issues 181-190 seem difficult for me in high grade (although I do have HOM 180 in CGC 9.8), and those thick books. I've got a ton of those dollar book issues except I can't find an issue of 256.

wow, a 9.8 #180! Yikes! I have had a couple of true NMs of that one, it does seem a bit easier than the others in that area! #190 for me was the absolute toughest (just found a nice 9.2 thanks to a tip from a forum member rip van sleep!) the dollar books have really dried up lately. its a shame, i had a ton of 256's about 10 years ago when i was doing shows frown.gif