• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My best thrift store find so far!!

44 posts in this topic

Love the comics made me remember when I was young I sent in for the comics by mailing the UPC's in from nestle quick if I remember right I got a Action 1 and this comic. Remember thinking the Action 1 was the coolest even with the newspaper stock cover heck I didn't know any different makes me wish I still had them. I'm thinking this was in 1983?

The antique mall near my house always has some good stuff. I picked up a Sgt. Fury and His Howling Commando's #138 for $2.50, and a Sabrina The Teenage Witch Welch's Jelly glass for $5. The jelly glass was a real steal, IMO. Archie and Welch released these in the 70's, and most places I go sell them for $25!

Those Disney cells are NOT cheap by any means. My wife and I go to Disney on a regular basis and frequent a number of the art gallery/stores they have. Now granted, that isn't a production cell or anything, but still, they'll run you a couple of bucks. My guess is the thrift store isn't charging anywhere near a fraction--nice pick up!

Truth be told. There were 2{two} Disney Cells. When I walked around the store the first time. They were not put out yet. Around 5 minutes later they were. I got the second Disney Cell. They were on a wooden table together. You never know what you will find at a store like this. Sometimes you get really lucky, sometimes you don't. This was a very lucky day without question.