• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is there a cgc 9.8 house of secrets 92?

55 posts in this topic

I love this book. I'd love to get a 9.2 or 9.4 in the near future.

Have a question, a little OT

A while back I vaguely recall seeing a HOS 92 with a "gray tone" or "gray" cover on a CGC label.

Am I mistaken? If not anyone know whether it is more rare and if it commands any premium?

A while back I vaguely recall seeing a HOS 92 with a "gray tone" or "gray" cover on a CGC label.

Am I mistaken? If not anyone know whether it is more rare and if it commands any premium?

Every issue has a gray tone cover, no? (shrug)

I've seen labels with and without this notation. You could be right and CGC just decided to update the label at some point, which I know they do from time to time creating an inconsistency in labels for the same book. I really don't know hence the question. Just don't understand why they would put the color of the cover in the label if there was only one version.

It's well known that old labels had more information, and the newer labels obfuscated any problems a buyer would need to know when buying it. Add to that the paywall around grading notes and you have yourself the perfect storm.

Thanks.

Looks like in the case for this book the newer labels are the ones denoting this cover color, not the old.

1st gen holders did not denote and the change occured somewhere during the 2nd gen as I've seen a few with and without. Current, 4th gen has it listed. Who knows about the 3rd gen prior to reintroducing the inner well.

I've seen labels with and without this notation. You could be right and CGC just decided to update the label at some point, which I know they do from time to time creating an inconsistency in labels for the same book. I really don't know hence the question. Just don't understand why they would put the color of the cover in the label if there was only one version.

There is only 1 cover for this book so it is a label discrepancy thing. And there are some collectors who seek out grey tone covers, hence the label. It is like collectors who buy bondage covers.

I was speaking more of 1st and 2nd. You younger hipper guys will have to put me up to speed. :shy:

count me out, 42 and climbing...

Gotcha beat by 5.

lol see ya over in the Gold section in a few years.

I was 33 when I joined these boards!!!

Any time there's a grey tone cover there's only one version. They put that only the label because it's out of the ordinary/special and like he said, some people collect these specifically. I have a bunch like Green Lantern 8, Strange Adventures 110, etc.