• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is there a cgc 9.8 house of secrets 92?

55 posts in this topic

According to the CGC census, there are no copies of House of Secrets #92 that have graded 9.8 or 9.9. There are 8 9.6 copies, and 23 9.4 copies.

For comparison, there are 3 9.8 copies of Swamp Thing #1, 47 9.6 copies, and 80 9.4 copies.

According to the CGC census, there are no copies of House of Secrets #92 that have graded 9.8 or 9.9. There are 8 9.6 copies, and 23 9.4 copies.

For comparison, there are 3 9.8 copies of Swamp Thing #1, 47 9.6 copies, and 80 9.4 copies.

I'm amazed how many 9.6 and 9.4 copies there are of HOS 92, and also amazed by how few 9.8 copies there are of ST 1.

I have been reading Berni Wrightson and his art on Swampthing is amazing, I tried to look up prices for cgc 9.8 House of Secrets 92 and Swampthing 1 and couldn`t find them.

Completely agree! I've been putting together a run of his BA Swamp Thing books! LOVE his art. He's going to be at the Baltimore Comic Con and my wife will be treating me to a trip for my birthday weekend!! CAN'T WAIT :banana:

Double wow, no 9.8`s ?

Two of the 9.6 copies are listed for sale on Heritage under the Archived Purchases section, but you are talking thousands of dollars for them.

And Metropolis made a lowball offer on one of them and then when posting in the WTB section found out the person he lowballed was on here.

Not sure you will ever see a 9.8 of this book only because of the cover and how dark the colors are and how sensitive it is to mishandling.

Trust me, I've seen them up close. If one comes up, it will be one of those rare books that the market will hardly ever get a look at.

Double wow, no 9.8`s ?

Two of the 9.6 copies are listed for sale on Heritage under the Archived Purchases section, but you are talking thousands of dollars for them.

And Metropolis made a lowball offer on one of them and then when posting in the WTB section found out the person he lowballed was on here.

Not sure you will ever see a 9.8 of this book only because of the cover and how dark the colors are and how sensitive it is to mishandling.

Trust me, I've seen them up close. If one comes up, it will be one of those rare books that the market will hardly ever get a look at.

Here's the thing I don't know about, Nick. HOS 92 was a mini-grail going back into the mid-eighties (and I'm sure before, but I was just a little kid). So many copies have been locked up in collections for years. I may be wrong, but I feel like there a lot of serious collections of folks that were 30-45 years old when I was 15 or 16 and just getting into fandom. That makes them 15-30 years older than I am. Lots of these folks are going to be moving on to the Happy Hunting Grounds in the next 10-15 years. We may be surprised by what is in some of these collections.

Here's the thing I don't know about, Nick. HOS 92 was a mini-grail going back into the mid-eighties (and I'm sure before, but I was just a little kid). So many copies have been locked up in collections for years. I may be wrong, but I feel like there a lot of serious collections of folks that were 30-45 years old when I was 15 or 16 and just getting into fandom. That makes them 15-30 years older than I am. Lots of these folks are going to be moving on to the Happy Hunting Grounds in the next 10-15 years. We may be surprised by what is in some of these collections.

Yeah, good point.

Long-time sellers like Chuck R. could be sitting on a few of these because they always held a couple of high-grade copies for themselves.

Wasn't thinking of those guys that could shock us all.

Yeah, good point.

Long-time sellers like Chuck R. could be sitting on a few of these because they always held a couple of high-grade copies for themselves.

Wasn't thinking of those guys that could shock us all.

That's what I think is going to happen in alot of cases with these (for the time being) rare grail books. These guys start dying off, there collections will be on the market.

I've got a question, what would happen to the value of alot of these books if say...some older collector was holding on to a case or two of NM/MT 9.8 quality HOS #92(I know it's unlikely, but bare with me here). Sent them to be slabbed, and all came back 9.8 and then he put them all on the market? Would the price drop on the 9.4 9.6's out there already?

I've got a question, what would happen to the value of alot of these books if say...some older collector was holding on to a case or two of NM/MT 9.8 quality HOS #92(I know it's unlikely, but bare with me here). Sent them to be slabbed, and all came back 9.8 and then he put them all on the market? Would the price drop on the 9.4 9.6's out there already?

Unless the guy was soft in the head, he would sub them one at a time, introducing them slowly into the market. That way the BSD's would fight over each one of them that hit the market, and the census would not show all the new copies at one time. I would do about one a quarter. I imagine the cash would be super sweet until the Boards got wise and posted a crapppy thread about "Where are all these HOS 92's coming from?"

Unless the guy was soft in the head, he would sub them one at a time, introducing them slowly into the market. That way the BSD's would fight over each one of them that hit the market, and the census would not show all the new copies at one time. I would do about one a quarter. I imagine the cash would be super sweet until the Boards got wise and posted a crapppy thread about "Where are all these HOS 92's coming from?"

lol

I'm sure if the market was flooded with copies, the price would go way up. doh!