• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Joining CGC- 3 Free Coupons

20 posts in this topic

First, apologies in advance. I know for a fact this question has been asked a bazillion times, but my searching ability is no ability at all. Maybe someone can quickly help me and this thread can sink into obscurity.

I want to join CGC and use the three coupons as soon as I am able. My question is very specific. I have three books I want to get graded.

Amazing Spider-Man 1 (1963)

X-Men 1 (1963)

TMNT 1 (1984)

Are these three books allowed under the terms of the coupons? I couldn't find any regulations on the coupons themselves and need to know if I can send SA keys and another "big" book.

thanks.

Just a heads up. The TMNT should be on a separate submission under the magazine tier. Your coupon will work. I submitted some books using my 3 coupons at a convention - one of which was TMNT #1 - I used the same submission form (which I had completed online) and the CGC folks had to separate it. They took care of it for me and very nice about it.

Yeah, I confirmed that, KS. I hope that's all there is to it, cause I went ahead and took the plunge.

Thanks for your help.

No problem. What grade range do you feel the books are in? Just me being nosey.

Spidey 3.0ish

X-Men 4.0ish

TMNT I'm hoping 7-8ish

All should be fine, money wise. I go back and forth on the actual grades.

Yeah, I confirmed that, KS. I hope that's all there is to it, cause I went ahead and took the plunge.

Thanks for your help.

No problem. What grade range do you feel the books are in? Just me being nosey.

Spidey 3.0ish

X-Men 4.0ish

TMNT I'm hoping 7-8ish

All should be fine, money wise. I go back and forth on the actual grades.

Thanks for satisfying my curiosity. Hope they grade even higher!! :wishluck:

Nate dawg, I wouldn't worry about it.

If they are slightly over CGC will not dice hairs.

If they are way over they may charge you the difference between economy and the next tier up and that is not a bad thing.

;)

Speaking of those trusty coupons, does anyone know if you get those coupons if you re-up or just when you join for the first time?

I think it's every time you renew your membership.

Can you upgrade your membership for the difference in price for the rest of the year? I joined as associate and would like to upgrade, but would I have to pay the full price for the next level up and just start a fresh year?

I've a feeling I should be asking CGC this...

Nate dawg, I wouldn't worry about it.

If they are slightly over CGC will not dice hairs.

If they are way over they may charge you the difference between economy and the next tier up and that is not a bad thing.

;)

(thumbs u thanks, Roy

Can you upgrade your membership for the difference in price for the rest of the year? I joined as associate and would like to upgrade, but would I have to pay the full price for the next level up and just start a fresh year?

I would also like to know this as I too am an associate member.

If I'm understanding the question correctly, the answer is that the membership is 12 months from when you join. Calendar year doesn't factor into it.

If I'm understanding the question correctly, the answer is that the membership is 12 months from when you join. Calendar year doesn't factor into it.

The question we're both asking is "Can we upgrade to the next membership level without paying the full fee?" and also "are the coupons emailed to you or sent out by snail mail?"