• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic Database

16 posts in this topic

I have toyed with the idea of creating a home grown solution but ultimately settled on a database put out by collectorz.com called Comic Collector to track my collection. While it does have some great features, there are also quite a few limitations, so I was curious as to what databases the rest of you out there are using.

Can you tell me if the Comic Collector app slows down as the amount of entries increase? My scans are approximately 175k and I am concerned that I may hit a brick wall after a certain number of entries. Thank you.

Can you tell me if the Comic Collector app slows down as the amount of entries increase? My scans are approximately 175k and I am concerned that I may hit a brick wall after a certain number of entries. Thank you.

Considering the pictures are stored on the hard drive and not within the database, theoretically you should not notice too much slow down. I am up to about 8000 entries and have noticed no degredation yet, but then less than 5% of my entries have cover scans so I cannot tell you for sure.

What's 321 collect? And no, I'm not trolling you. hi.gif

It's a collectables database designed for all collectables not just comics. It's basically a GUI over the top of Microsoft Access and it has all of the standard fields for inputting your comics and images. You can add or remove fields as well to make the database what ever you want it to be. No infomation is contained within the program though so you have to input everything from scratch!

It works perfectly for my purposes, but differen't folks like different things in their software. thumbsup2.gif

I imagine the brick wall will only be your hardrive if it fills up. If you can afford it, buying more memory will speed up the time of pulling up scans onto your screen provided you have less than 128 MB. You will also be able to have more scans open at any given time with more memory.