• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Paypal Freezing Account - Now At Combustible Level

69 posts in this topic

That's what I thought. Looking back I probably have reached that amount over the year, but it says if I reach £1,700 without addressing the situation they will close my account. I'll get them to call me when the kids have gone to bed, this is me off now.

Is this just Europe they do this with, or other continents/regions as well?

i think in the usa it is $9900 until the feds want to know what you are spending your money on.

i think...

j

Jesus ing H, I've entered my home phone number and they called me. I entered the 4-digit code that came on the screen and the call ended so I presume this has solved the issue.

So I go back into Paypal and get the same message. I follow the link and it tells me I have to link my card, now believe it or not I've already ing done this. I go to link my card (again) and it tells me that it will charge the card £1, and when that's happened I have to check my bank account to find yet another 4-digit number. Once I've entered that into Paypal I must enter business information to confirm my business account.

What ing business account???

This has got me past pissed off to downright steaming mad. I'm going to have to email Payscum to find out what the is going on :mad: :mad: :mad:

Maybe they looked at your avatar first and are having a hard time taking you seriously?

lol

Welcome to Paypal.

How may we be of assistance...?

I would recommend calling the 800 number, but you're international, so it'll cost you, I imagine.

Were you looking at the screen I was just looking at?

They're really getting on my tits now...

Jesus ing H, I've entered my home phone number and they called me. I entered the 4-digit code that came on the screen and the call ended so I presume this has solved the issue.

So I go back into Paypal and get the same message. I follow the link and it tells me I have to link my card, now believe it or not I've already ing done this. I go to link my card (again) and it tells me that it will charge the card £1, and when that's happened I have to check my bank account to find yet another 4-digit number. Once I've entered that into Paypal I must enter business information to confirm my business account.

This has got me past pissed off to downright steaming mad. I'm going to have to email Payscum to find out what the is going on :mad: :mad: :mad:

I think that this is Paypal's way of forceably ensuring that you upgrade to a business/premier account...which is where they make all their money. (thumbs u

The money laundering bollocks is a weak excuse for doing this. Hell, it's a downright lie.

I think that this is Paypal's way of forceably ensuring that you upgrade to a business/premier account...which is where they make all their money. (thumbs u

The money laundering bollocks is a weak excuse for doing this. Hell, it's a downright lie.

I've emailed them telling them to sort it out and that I do not want a ing business account. I'll see what I get back off them, but why on earth would a business who are making so much money out of sellers threaten to close their account just because they'd received an amount of money that's not even equal to a months wage in around seven months?

Bellends.

They even made me spell passed wrong :censored:

EDIT: No they didn't :pullhair:

Paypal are screwing with my head :mad:

I've emailed them telling them to sort it out and that I do not want a ing business account. I'll see what I get back off them, but why on earth would a business who are making so much money out of sellers threaten to close their account just because they'd received an amount of money that's not even equal to a months wage in around seven months?

Bellends.

Because they know their customer base and they run a monopoly.

They know damned well that if you are engaging in international transactions, which you are, there's no other way to conduct business without Paypal. Therefore they know you will jump through hoops to stay with them and they'll tell you that the 'benefit' of the business account is that you won't have this sort of trouble in the future as the limits are much higher.

Chicken and ing egg, but they hold all the cards.

Tvvats that they are.

Bellends.

They know damned well that if you are engaging in international transactions, which you are, there's no other way to conduct business without Paypal. Therefore they know you will jump through hoops to stay with them and they'll tell you that the 'benefit' of the business account is that you won't have this sort of trouble in the future as the limits are much higher.

Tvvats that they are.

But how the do they expect me to enter my business information when I don't have one? And surely the eedjits can see that 90% of my dealings (incomings anyway) go through feebay, Christ they are only the same company meh

Then again, I suppose that would mean a little bit of legwork instead of just rimming the people who pay their pathetically inflated wages.

Bellends.

Tvvats that they are.

But how the do they expect me to enter my business information when I don't have one? And surely the eedjits can see that 90% of my dealings (incomings anyway) go through feebay, Christ they are only the same company meh

Then again, I suppose that would mean a little bit of legwork instead of just rimming the people who pay their pathetically inflated wages.

Do you already have a Premier account? ???

Or just a Personal account?

As far as I'm aware it's just a verified personal account...

Did you happen to add or change your bank account recently? sometimes that triggers paypal to make you go thru the hoops again.

Our card was changed form Mastercard to Visa now you mention it. I've had an email from them which states they want to know my 'business', not my business. I don't have to enter VAT numbers and can click the 'personal' tab if I like.

Apparently it's just for their records, but I'm damn sure I don't like Paypal snooping around in what I'm doing when it's blatantly obvious if they bother to look. I'm getting very, very pissed at Paypal but the trouble is they have me by the balls.

Did you happen to add or change your bank account recently? sometimes that triggers paypal to make you go thru the hoops again.

Our card was changed form Mastercard to Visa now you mention it. I've had an email from them which states they want to know my 'business', not my business. I don't have to enter VAT numbers and can click the 'personal' tab if I like.

Apparently it's just for their records, but I'm damn sure I don't like Paypal snooping around in what I'm doing when it's blatantly obvious if they bother to look. I'm getting very, very pissed at Paypal but the trouble is they have me by the balls.

Do what I did when my account got frozen:

Call customer service and use the word, "," a lot, even while on hold. (thumbs u

Do what I did when my account got frozen:

Call customer service and use the word, "," a lot. (thumbs u

I've restocked the fridge with beer so if I'll probably be able to ignore the International charges later and will indeed give them a round of s.