• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,895 posts in this topic

My friend may have stumbled into a great find at an estate sale last weekend.

He bought a couple of paintings strictly because he liked the frames, but one of them- a rough pencil of two men on horses caught his eye when he was de-framing it. He believes it is a preliminary sketch of a painting by Mort Kunstler of Robert Lee giving instructions to Stonewall Jackson. Looking at the painting and this, side by side, it certainly looks similar. The original painting is worth an estimated $200,000. He hasn't found any examples of similar Kunstler sketchs so hes not sure what its worth.

Mr Kunstler lives on the North shore of Long Island, about two miles from where the estate sale was.

Found this at a local garage sale today for $1. I know from these boards that it can be hard to come by.

7950994320_cc4fdc605d.jpg

GIJoe155 by Willie Lumpkin, on Flickr

Ya know, of all of the digging I do through 50 cent and dollar boxes, and even in regular boxes, I have yet to see a copy of this book in hand. And I've been looking for one for a couple of years now. (shrug)

Going to check out a Craigslist post for comics. Sounds like mostly Archie and some Harvey stuff. No idea how to price that out fairly other than thy are generally not worth much. However there are some tales from the.crypt and mads which is.why I am going. If worthwhile I will report.

:sorry: but thanks

I sell them for $29.95 all day long. They are really not worth much.

By the way, if you get the wrong buyer who does not know how to clean the system and games; expect returns. I tend to avoid NES systems altogether and just focus on the games. I part out the systems to other dealers and still make the same amount of money usually.

Kind Regards,

'mint'

PS: I am a video game dealer on eBay and beyond!

Hi Mint,

I dont want to derail this thread, but I'd like an expert opinion (since I know NOTHING about video games) and maybe other people can find the information helpfull.

This is what I have. It's in very good shape, just a bit of dust but nothing a little cleaning cant fix.

nintendo.jpg

valigetta3.jpg

nintendo2.jpg

Going to check out a Craigslist post for comics. Sounds like mostly Archie and some Harvey stuff. No idea how to price that out fairly other than thy are generally not worth much. However there are some tales from the.crypt and mads which is.why I am going. If worthwhile I will report.

:wishluck: on the MADs and Crypts.

Nice find.

I hated shipping At-Ats and Death Stars.

Thanks!

The guy I bought the AT-AT from ended-up scooping a vintage pair of Keneskys' goalie pads. Talk about a needle in a haystack find. He found them while riding around on his bike yesterday on the flea market grounds.

The one thing that is a bit unfair is that as a buyer/visitor to the flea market, you aren't allowed to ride a bike through the grounds. If you are a dealer however, you can ride through with a motorized bike, ATV, golf cart and that significantly speeds up things for them, in what would ordinarily take half a day for someone to do on foot.

Anyhow, the pads were a little more banged-up than I would have liked, but still the fact that he found a pair was pretty amazing.

man, great score, im always looking for old goalie equipment. i'd kill for a sk2000 helmet, love those

No joke, I might have one of those in my garage. It was my old goalie mask. It was the old-style helmet that forced me to go to a hybrid mask because I was concussed during a practice when a shot hit me in the temple.

Next time I'm in the city, if ít's still there and hasn't been absconded by family and/or sold at a garage sale, I'll PM you. I'm keeping the cat's eye cage though ;)

About 8 years ago, I donated all my old gear (nearly two sets worth, including a first generation Eddie Mask) to a convenor who used to run a men's league I was involved in, and who was bringing a bunch of donated gear to underprivileged kids living at the arctic circle. He kept asking me if I was sure I wanted to donate my Brown goalie pads (from the 1970's). Yeah, of course, I thought, after all I never imagined I'd have any use for them.

Now I'm going to probably spend a small fortune to find and replace them :P

that would be cool if you still have it, let me know. i want to go with the whole osgood look again like when i was a kid. cats eyes are a pain now too, banned in canada which is the dumbest thing ever. you know we've lost everyone else on here now right?

My friend may have stumbled into a great find at an estate sale last weekend.

He bought a couple of paintings strictly because he liked the frames, but one of them- a rough pencil of two men on horses caught his eye when he was de-framing it. He believes it is a preliminary sketch of a painting by Mort Kunstler of Robert Lee giving instructions to Stonewall Jackson. Looking at the painting and this, side by side, it certainly looks similar. The original painting is worth an estimated $200,000. He hasn't found any examples of similar Kunstler sketchs so hes not sure what its worth.

Mr Kunstler lives on the North shore of Long Island, about two miles from where the estate sale was.

:wishluck:

that would be cool if you still have it, let me know. i want to go with the whole osgood look again like when i was a kid. cats eyes are a pain now too, banned in canada which is the dumbest thing ever. you know we've lost everyone else on here now right?
I found a brand new original first year Eastern Alluminum stick with some Gretzky/Coke blade in it, ebayed the blade, slipped in somethin more to my likin', wow is it ever heavier compared to anything else on the bench. It should be in a museum, but it is the best stick on this planet.

You means Easton, right? If you thought the shaft to be heavy, the "goons" used to fill them with water and freeze them over night. Let's just say If Bobby Clarke used one, fuhgeddabouda broken ankle, he would have clear cut the Russian bench.
Duh, yeah...and I snagged it at the local aucton house for $10, sold the blade for $16, My cost -$6 :cloud9:part2auct167.jpg

2 systems, 3 controllers, 1 memory card for $16

2012-09-08_07-30-29_847.jpg

If you are buying these for resale, please PM me before buying these kind of items. I can offer you some advice if you interested. It is solely up to you.

If you bought these for yourself, it is good that you saved on ebay shipping.

Respectfully,

'mint'

:sorry: but thanks

I sell them for $29.95 all day long. They are really not worth much.

By the way, if you get the wrong buyer who does not know how to clean the system and games; expect returns. I tend to avoid NES systems altogether and just focus on the games. I part out the systems to other dealers and still make the same amount of money usually.

Kind Regards,

'mint'

PS: I am a video game dealer on eBay and beyond!

Hi Mint,

I dont want to derail this thread, but I'd like an expert opinion (since I know NOTHING about video games) and maybe other people can find the information helpfull.

This is what I have. It's in very good shape, just a bit of dust but nothing a little cleaning cant fix.

nintendo.jpg

valigetta3.jpg

nintendo2.jpg

Hello,

Does it work? My guess is without a very good cleaning you got either a 'blank blue screen' or 'flashing screen' when you turned it on.

Also, the SMB/Duck Hunt cart is the Spanish version. It may not work on that system, but I believe it should still be NTSC format.

Let me know if it works. Also, if I may ask, how much did you pay and why did you buy if you know nothing about video games?

NES systems are very common and I wholesale them for $29.95 with games.

Kind Regards,

'mint'

PS: Please let me know the names of all the games you got with it. I do see Ghostbusters II; anything else?

I am happy to help.

EDIT: Noticed after the fact. Did you get an RF unit with this?

Edited by mintcollector

You means Easton, right? If you thought the shaft to be heavy, the "goons" used to fill them with water and freeze them over night. Let's just say If Bobby Clarke used one, fuhgeddabouda broken ankle, he would have clear cut the Russian bench.
Duh, yeah...and I snagged it at the local aucton house for $10, sold the blade for $16, My cost -$6 :cloud9:part2auct167.jpg

I lost mine recently, along with all of my other hockey sticks.... I have no clue what happened there....