• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,895 posts in this topic

TRUE STORY:

One time I picked up a Caffeinated ButterFinger, called ButterFinger Buzz, from a clearance rack at a gas station.

It rang up .01 soooo 1 cents. I went back and grabbed every last one. I bought 29 butterfinger buzz for 29 cents on my debit card .

butterfinger-buzz1-300x176.jpg

That was awesome too.... just thought I'd let you all know, retroactively.

I don't all the pictures handy, but I've had quite a bit of luck lately wth antique stores and flea markets. Here's a short list (off the top of my head) of recent finds:

Sgt. Fury Run- 1-32 + 10 more up to $60 (last 3/4 in F - F/VF conditon) $4/book

Captain Easy #14 (1948) VF - $25

ASM #300 -(\VF/NM - $1

Green Lantern #27 (coverless) $2

TOS #36, #42, #65-#67 - G/VG $4/book

Iron Man #55 (VG+) - $4

20 Early Walt Disney's Comics and Stories (1940's) - $2 each

(four color) Captain Davy Jones #598 - VF - $5

Not Brand Ecch #1-#4 - VG-FN - $2/book

It's been so much fun, I almost can't stand going to my LCS and paying retail anymore!

795141-13.jpg

sgtfury1a_zps54145d23.jpg

795141-11.jpg

795141-9.jpg

07-ECHH1-small_zps71b55fe6.jpg

I haven't found squat lately in the last couple of thrift shops I went to. Went through 3 long boxes at one and managed to find ONE comic worth the $1 they were charging. At another went through 2 long boxes and pulled out a VFish ASM 304 and a 50 cent Whitman Uncle Scrooge for $1 each only to realize i had no cash on me and they didn't take CCs..neither was great shakes, i like the McF spideys for a $1 and the Uncle Scrooge in that shape looked to be a whopping $3-$5 book on ebay (it wasn't a pre-pack). one place did have an impressive selection of 60s and 70s playboys, but they wanted 5 each and I didn't have the patience to sort through all of them to see if any were worth the trouble. plus they were kind of musty, though otherwise in nice shape, and my son was creeped out by the whole place and wanted out..and wondered why i was looking at those magazines anyway.

Edited by the blob

Had a good day for a quick one yard sale morning.....

Normally I dont have much luck at yard sales, but do pretty good at thrift shops....today was the exception.

Pics will be coming up as soon as i get the chance to scan them later.

New Mutants 98 in VF condition - Has some spine roll but would probably press out to a 9.0 or 9.2

Superman v2 #1 - probably a 9.0

Next Men #1 - would be a 9.6 if it werent for one chip of color missing on the spine

SIlver Surfer v2 #1 - probably a 8.5

Not bad for $1 each

I just bought a collection of some 400 comics from a gent that worked at the local landfill site. He knew someone who I had dealt with before and that gentlemen was kind enough to give him my information. He apparently salvaged the collection when he was going through a bunch of recycling bins and noticed them. The books were actually all bagged (not all boarded though) and are pretty much 80's comics. Lot's of Spidey's though from the 40 centers through to the high 300's with lots of McFarlane's. A Secret Wars 8 and Web of Spider-Man 1. I can't believe people would throw this stuff out before checking eBay or even just sticking it up on Craigslist or Kijiji.

Went to an estate auction last month and bought 2 boxes of old pictures.This was one of them.An original etching by Horace Devitt Welsh.He died in 1942 and it's signed & dedicated on the front and signed on the back also.

Auction025.jpg

Got another one that may be an original watercolor by Teok Carrasco.Have to get it out from behind the glass.

Auction031.jpg

Edited by Toz